Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crack From Windscreen Wiper

Angus Forbes

Hi folks, I really hope someone can help me with this. I'm new to the forums and new to Celica ownership so really appreciate any help you guys can offer.

I have a gen 6 celica 2.0st on a P plate. I have been getting this really annoying crack noise from the Wiper Blades, well the drivers side only, it happens above about 40mph, not every stroke but more than half and it is when the wiper reaches the top od the arc. It IS stopping short of the body work by about 2cm, I wonder if it is a dodgy wiper blade or perhaps the air thing that stops them rising off the screen.

I hope you more experienced owners might have an answer for me.

Thanks

Angus

It could be a worn linkage. If you lift the blade about an inch off the screen and gently move it up in the direction of its normal arc up and down the screen, is there much play.

Or a worn harness perhaps?

It's a bit tricky to diagnose if it only happens at speed. It's not like you can stand outside the car and try to figure out where the noise is coming from.

Thanks for the suggestion, the wiper has no play at all, totally solid" The only thing that moves is the little fin that is only on the drivers wiper but I cant figure out how that could make such a cracking noise. I wonder if changing the blades (although they are in good shape) might help?

Thanks

Angus

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links