Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Max Wheel /tyre Size On Lowered Car

Wild west Drifter

Hi Gang,

Every thing ready for the Agro when it comes back, apart from possibly a different set of alloys.

The new springs are the Apex 35mm Lowered ones.

My worries are if I change the wheels / tyres having dropped the car, will wider ones foul on anything.

I don't want to modify the arches or anything.

should be fine with 15"s on 195/45tyres, i think someone on here has got bigger wheels than that with no archwork??

im having 15"s on mine with a 195/35 profile :)

should get 16's aimee if ur gonna go 35 profile, otherwise wheel will look tiny! :D

@ WWD: pretty sure you can put 16's on even with the new springs. all about the offset, profile etc. Not able to give you the figures you need tho, sure ive seem the correct offset mentioned somewhere.

You tried searching in a few of the alloy threads? theres a fair few (also of the pug107 forum aswell)

EDIT: example of lowered car with 16's : HERE

That Aygo looks weird with no rear wiper and I don't think the front looks 'right' without the Badge.

According to the "factory workshop manuals" the maximum quaranteed sizes are:

- wheels 6.5Jx15"

- offset (ET) between 35-43

- tires 195/45/15"

If you fit larger wheels, it will affect your warranty in case of demage to the bearings, axle and stuff like that.

You have a copy of those "factory workshop manuals"? I could really use a copy. I don't have any problems with my 195/45 R15 tires on 6.5J rims, but you can never be too careful. And I don't want to lose my warranty :)

That Aygo looks weird with no rear wiper and I don't think the front looks 'right' without the badge.

Yea the no Badge on the front looks weird, it actually looks like something is missing. I have a Carbon Aygo on order and was wondering about removing the Badge on the front and spraying it black. Same with the back, it just looks like something is missing.

I've got a 'Blue' and eventually want to get the badges sprayed black also.

If you get it done soon, could you let me know how much it cost?

Cheers

You have a copy of those "factory workshop manuals"?

No I haven't, but if you search for wheels for the 107-Aygo-C1 all brands show size 6.5x15 as max.

And you can also ask your dealer for his opinion.

That's true, but i was thinking that if TTE sells rims for aygo and they are 15", 6.0J ....concerned about 6.5 beeing the warranty breaker. I guess I'll ask the dealer next :)

Just been and bought a bargain, 4 Brand new 6.5 x15 alloys complete with 195x50x15 tyres £150 notes.

The guy I bought them off, had bought the wrong ones ,how can you buy 4 stud wheels when your car has 5 stud :unsure:

Still his loss = my gain.

Only concern is the tyre profile because they are a nice set of directional tyres.

The other option get the tyres changed for a set of 195x45x15 and get a set of 15" rims for the galant.

Will post picture when camera Battery has charged.

Only concern is the tyre profile because they are a nice set of directional tyres.

Why is that a concern to you??? There should be very distinct markings on the side walls

of each tyre, so as long as you mount the wheels the right way there's no problem...

My winter tyres are directional too and they're very easy to keep apart...

Or did the PO install all tyres the same direction???

Why is that a concern to you??? There should be very distinct markings on the side walls

of each tyre, so as long as you mount the wheels the right way there's no problem...

My winter tyres are directional too and they're very easy to keep apart...

Or did the PO install all tyres the same direction???

No , used to directional tyres it is the fact they are 195x50X15

Ah, I see now. I misread the English use of "profile".

I was thinking about the tread, which is called "profiel" in Dutch...

The tyres you have now are just 3,4% too big, so it's not really that much of a

deal I think. If the speedo reads 60mph you're actually doing 62, but since the

speedo tends to read 2 to 4 mph too much anyway I think you'll be fine.

And when they're worn out you can allways fit the proper 195/45/15's then...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links