Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa Knocking Noises

mightymo

I own a 98 Previa auto, over the last few months I have been getting a slight knocking noise from the front brakes/suspension area when going over speed bumps. I have checked & replaced the brake pads & antiroll bar D bushes. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this noise, I have just had a new MOT last month & nothing was found in the check. 1 thing that is noticeable is that when I press the brake pedal the noise stops.

:unsure: :unsure:

I own a 98 Previa auto, over the last few months I have been getting a slight knocking noise from the front brakes/suspension area when going over speed bumps. I have checked & replaced the brake pads & antiroll bar D bushes. Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this noise, I have just had a new MOT last month & nothing was found in the check. 1 thing that is noticeable is that when I press the brake pedal the noise stops.

:unsure: :unsure:

First thing I thought of was lower balljoint,but that should have been picked up by tester as thats an MOT failure. I had similar prob and replacing lower balljoint cured problem. Don,t buy from Toyota. Local motor factor around £20 or less.

As bigman said have the balljoints checked and also the lower arm bushes. My money however would be with an 80% certainty the shocks and with a 20% remainder the drop links.

Your profile say Lucida, Townace but you say you have a Previa......have you got all three????

As bigman said have the balljoints checked and also the lower arm bushes. My money however would be with an 80% certainty the shocks and with a 20% remainder the drop links.

Your profile say Lucida, Townace but you say you have a Previa......have you got all three????

I had a Townace & a Lucida but only have 2.4 Previa.

I had a Townace & a Lucida but only have 2.4 Previa.

And which of the three do you prefer ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links