Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help

dianecbs

hi - i was in ireland recently & rented an auris from hertz for a week. returned car to dublin airport with a 4" scratch on bumper skirt. they are charging me $1200 for repair of same w/a new bumper skirt. can anyone tell me how much a new bumper skirt costs in euros???

thanks sooooo much for your help. Diane

Dont take my prices as exact but Parts king (a contact from a toyota dealer here) recently posted the cost of a new bumper at : £220.05 GBP delivered to your door.

However you need this sprayed. A spray colour match at a toyota approved bodyshop garage (most dealers outsource) would cost up to £300 for a full spray of a bumper.

Some cheaper garages would do it for nearer £100. When it comes to our insurance; expect the highest prices. Unfortunatly it sounds like they are passing on the cost to you which may include an admin charge.

I do not work for toyota and do not have the latest figure but based on what i know it could cost

£520 GBP

You can use XE.com to do your conversions.

hi - i was in ireland recently & rented an auris from hertz for a week. returned car to dublin airport with a 4" scratch on bumper skirt. they are charging me $1200 for repair of same w/a new bumper skirt. can anyone tell me how much a new bumper skirt costs in euros???

thanks sooooo much for your help. Diane

If the bumper was not physically damaged but only scratched then that is a rip off. With no damage a blown in scratch carried out by a Toyota approved garage should be £150 sterling. I know I've done it.

I recently had my rear bumper scratched,

i took it to Toyota for the work and it ended up costing me £340 to have it removed!

i think i got ripped now after reading GreyRacer's post.

definitely no need for a new bumper!!

This is always a case as dealers want to remove the panel to repaint it. In my previous car they quoted me £400 for rear bumper scratch. I had it done by Chipsaway I think for £100 and you could not see the difference. Now I have nasty scratch on my Auris rear bumper and I am not sure if take it to Toyota or have it done somewhere else.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links