Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Quick Response Please

macamx

Hi folks.

I am on the verge of commiting to a new Aygo Platinum this week end. The last car I bought was a disaster and I could have been aware of the pitfalls if I had looked at the owners forum, so trying not to make the same error.

Main questions are , is the economy anything like the claimed figure, are owners genuinly happy with there cars and are the dealers (in this case Listers any good). Big questions I know but any help would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Geoff.

is the economy anything like the claimed figure
Yes
are owners genuinly happy with there cars
Yes
are the dealers (in this case Listers any good).
The Grantham branch has had four reviews which seem good Listers Grantham Review

Aygo is genuinely a good fun car with good MPG, some complain of niggling quality issues but the car is well received. Seven minuets wasnt bad for a quick reply :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Economy is excellent (ours does at least 45 round town, over 60 at sensible speeds), we are more than happy with ours - it has never let us down. No idea of dealer, but are they offering the best deal out there? If you don't have a trade in check out the brokers - drivethedeal in our case.

Beware with the drivethedeal pricing, the best quote they give requires you to take the Toyota Finance option, otherwise it's and extra £500.

Some Aygo models are completely sold out until next year. By all means shop around but dont leave it too long otherwise there will be little choice in terms of colour or spec

Brokers will always quote the very cheapest deal, and it may involve taking a finance option, as in the case above, Toyota financial services in effect give you £500 contribution for financing it, nothing wrong in that if the rate is good and it's the right deal for you. If you want an internet deal/quote, PM me with the spec you want

Kingo :thumbsup:

ok I didnt make it as quick as the others but the Listers in Lincoln is a great garage, I have bought two aygos from there and the sales staff are lovely, servicing is well priced, my only issue is with the odd dent I have had they ask the earth to fix them but then I guess thats not what they are there for. And as for the Aygo, great car! love mine to pieces and if you get one and spot me zooming round Lincoln, wave :D.

SJx

Hello

I too have a Platinum and I love it. Not a single problem with it and receive 60mpg regularly without having to make much effort.

Dealers are often the weakest link unfortunately, though I have no experience of that one so cannot comment.

Batfink x

I am coming from quality/prestige cars...bmw's mercs, landrovers etc...I wanted a cheap and cheerful , quality built and backed city car and looked at loads....Had to be cheap to run (to free up funds for a sporty number from stuttgart ;) )

After all my research , forum reading etc I chose the platinum....get mine on monday (new reg day)

there you are , I've done all the donkey work....now get out and buy one :D ...should manage sub 8k for a platinum/aircon/mats etc etc.

Economy is good, but this IS a figure that depends heavily on driving style...

My car delivers good economy, but it IS slightly worse than advertised.

However on our Dutch forum there ARE a couple of people who get BETTER

economy than advertised. Typically they drive longer distances at lower

speeds than I do. But all in all I'm VERY happy with my Aygo.

It drinks less than half of what my Nissan 100NX did...

Hi my car is a Jag,the Aygo Blue is my wifes but she cant get me out of it,love driving it sooo cheap to run.Very nippy and manouverable great fun car you wont regret it.

Bit of a late reply but......

I travelled from Sheffield to Listers of Grantham because they did

me a good deal.

I passed several Toyota dealers including my local one.

A good straightforward deal. No problems.

Love the AYGO. 48mpg round town. 63mpg best tankful on Continental (flat) motorways at 70-80mph.

Ian.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links