Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12" Subwoofers

bridgy

hi ive just bought a double 12" mdf sub box for my 2000w subs and was wondering if anyone knows if i should fill the sub box with toy stuffing because ive heard it will improve the sound can anyone help, it has no middle splitter inside the box

thanks

bridgy :unsure:

hi ive just bought a double 12" mdf sub box for my 2000w subs and was wondering if anyone knows if i should fill the sub box with toy stuffing because ive heard it will improve the sound can anyone help, it has no middle splitter inside the box

thanks

bridgy :unsure:

You can put in acoustic matting material which will help it, or you can even put in strips of Dynamat which is the same sort of thing but more expensive, either way will help it

How are you going to run them, in parallel or series?

hi i dont get what you mean about parallel or series as i am new to the audio bits i am using a 2000w 4channel amp if that helps

thanks

bridgy

Depending on your power output from the amp, you can make it more power efficient towards your subs.

Are you planning to run both of your subs from this amp and other Speakers or just the subs only?

Bing

:thumbsup:

just the subs mate ive gone with the toy stuffing idea in the box also just to try it anymore help appreciated

thanks

bridgy

What amp are you using anyway?

A 4channel amp for just 2subs, bit of a waste i have to say, if that's all your powering from it.

You should of picked a 2channel amp, maybe even a 1channel amp, both of these are designed to power subs like you got.

You should wire it in parallel then, will make it sound a whole lot louder, just make sure you check the spec of your amp so it can handle this, not all amps can do this.

Wiring in parallel means, your wiring the all terminals in a link

Example:

AMP SUB (1) SUB (2)

(+)------(+)------(+)

(-)------(-)-------(-)

Keep the questions coming....

Bing

What amp are you using anyway?

A 4channel amp for just 2subs, bit of a waste i have to say, if that's all your powering from it.

You should of picked a 2channel amp, maybe even a 1channel amp, both of these are designed to power subs like you got.

You should wire it in parallel then, will make it sound a whole lot louder, just make sure you check the spec of your amp so it can handle this, not all amps can do this.

Wiring in parallel means, your wiring the all terminals in a link

Example:

AMP SUB (1) SUB (2)

(+)------(+)------(+)

(-)------(-)-------(-)

Keep the questions coming....

Bing

do you mean bridge the amp. if so then i was going to do that anyway.

im using a 2000w the loudest.com amp wich can be changed between 2 and 4 chanels.

thanks for the info

bridgy

From looking at the spec of that amp, even at 2channels its only giving out 2x250w @ 4ohms

What subs are you using for this anyway?

JBL-GT4-12.jpg

Product Features

12" 1000W peak subwoofer

Power Handling, RMS: 250 Watts

Power Handling, Peak: 1000 Watts

Frequency Response (±3dB): 28Hz - 450Hz

Sensitivity: 93dB

Mounting Depth: 6-1/4"

Cut-Out Diameter: 11-1/8"

Well just fit both subs in, and wire it up for 2channel output.

If you decide to change to a 2 or 1 channel amp later, then you can then wire it up parallel, and hopefully it will be alot louder

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links