Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uncomfortable Driver's Seat

stompe

Had my Prius now for some time and finally got fed up with the uncomfortable driver's seat, i.e. no lumbar support, and no padding in centre console and arm rest in the door. I took my car to Concept Vehicle Trimmers Ltd in Rawreth, Wickford, Essex, and had a "pump up bladder" put in the seat and extra padding added to the front arm rests and centre console. I can now fully adjust my lumbar support and it transforms the driving experience immensely i.e. no back ache after long journeys. I can personally recommend Terry and team and my work was completed in a day.

Stompe

:thumbsup:

http://www.conceptvehicletrimmers.co.uk/index.htm

DSC02514.jpg This is the pump up bladder control

DSC02515.jpg

DSC02516.jpg

Thats nice looking work :thumbsup:

I hope that you will show it off at JAE on Sunday :unsure: ;)

I like the idea of Lumbar support, may I ask how much they charged?

I've noticed lots of people moaning about the Prius seats/driving position (especially for taller drivers) on various sites, which I personally find odd. I'm 6ft 2in, suffer from back ache, and have just covered 2380 miles over the last 12 days on some of the most treacherous roads in the UK. Start point London, drive direct to Salen in Ardnamurchan (586 miles in one day), 2 nights there including drive to the point (most Westerly on UK mainland and nearly all single track roads), then drive to Scourie (7 nights there) via Inverness, Ullapool and Lochinver, including drives up to Kinlochbervie, Durness and Tongue, and then drive to Hawkshead in the Lake District for final 2 nghts including drive over Hardknott and Wrynose passes, also taking in Grange-over-Sands, Windermere, Ambleside, Grassmere and Keswick, then drive back to London. All covered in my recently purchased T4 with standard seats, no back ache whatsoever and no lack of either driver or passenger space, or indeed carrying space as the 7 nights in Scourie we went self catering and the car was fully laden.

I found the car supremely comfortable and only had one problem during that whole driving experience, which happened last Sunday. On heading east from Eskdale up Hardknott Pass, an extremely steep and twisty single track road, I came to a particularly nasty right hand bend about half way up the ascent, and the Prius just refused to take this corner. I eventually succeeded at the fourth attempt, the problem seemed to be a lack of power (my supposed 298lb/ft of torque from the electric motor also seemed to be away on holiday!), perhaps imposed by the traction control, as the road was wet and the tyres kept scrabbling to get a grip, but on depressing the accelerator the car just seemed to keep stalling. I've completed that particular trip in various cars over the years without any problem, I think if I'd known how to override the traction control it would have helped (I'm not sure if it's even possible, I can't see any switch for it).

So apart from that one glitch, I've certainly no complaints of the comfort of the Prius or the way it drives. I'd single out the CVT gearbox for particular praise, it is just superb. I've driven a mix of automatics and manuals over the years, and even with automatics I've found I've constantly had to override them to extract the best performance out of the car on roads I've just traversed, what a delight to drive a car that, apart from when one obviously has to select reverse, one never ever has to change gear in.

I like the idea of Lumbar support, may I ask how much they charged?

Hi Mkuk0

Sorry but do not have a separate price for the Lumbar Support but it was £90 for all the work I had done.

Stompe

:thumbsup:

Wow thats cheap, when mine turns up I may have to give them a call!

thanks Stompe ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links