Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Recall

Notebook

Have there been any recalls on the Rav4 in the last few years?

Car in for MOT today - passed!!!

However as I mentioned in a recent post, my alloys were bubbling and also the seatbelt was retracting very slow. Anyway, first MOT as under warrenty, so when I phoned the dealer to say could I pick it up today, or better tomorrow, He said the car was having some mods done, so better tomorrow.

Therefore whats happening, just what I complained about or something else.

10 points for the correct guess.........

Thanks

Nick

• 5 months later...

: It has been identified that steel wheels of insufficient strength have been fitted to some grades of RAV4 vehicles fitted with diesel engines. The possibility then exist that a crack may appear on the spoke(s) of the wheel which in the worst case could cause the spoke to separate.

really Toyota quality... if they don't break (steel) then they corrode (alloys) :o

thanks for the good site!

My Rav4 is a diesel from 2003, and has a set of steel rims... I've had it for service at mrT several times, and noone has said that there was a recall! The rims are rusty and ugly, and after hearing this I don't want to use them ever again!

Could I still get new rims, even though its some years since this recall?

My Rav4 is a diesel from 2003, and has a set of steel rims... I've had it for service at mrT several times, and noone has said that there was a recall! The rims are rusty and ugly, and after hearing this I don't want to use them ever again!

If it was a recall in your country, then there is no reason why you still couldnt get a set of wheels. In the UK, there is a code of practice that says Toyota will continue to find owners of affected vehicles until 90% of cars have been repaired. Some will be lost/stolen/crashed/burnt out. This recall affected only 851 cars in the UK, call at your dealer and ask them to see if the recall applies to you. The recall reference number in the UK is SR60661, not sure if that is the same for other countries

Kingo :thumbsup:

If it was a recall in your country, then there is no reason why you still couldnt get a set of wheels. In the UK, there is a code of practice that says Toyota will continue to find owners of affected vehicles until 90% of cars have been repaired. Some will be lost/stolen/crashed/burnt out. This recall affected only 851 cars in the UK, call at your dealer and ask them to see if the recall applies to you. The recall reference number in the UK is SR60661, not sure if that is the same for other countries

Apparently there is a non urgent recall on 4-3 models re the E C U units. This is delat with on a routine call or service, and owners are not being targeted by post

Apparently there is a non urgent recall on 4-3 models re the E C U units. This is delat with on a routine call or service, and owners are not being targeted by post

Throw another couple of logs in the computer John I think she's running out of steam ;)

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91982

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links