Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Compressor

jamie.ross

Hi Guys!

Im a newbie to this sort of thing so plz bear with me.

I have just bought a Corolla Compressor from Arnold Clark Aberdeen (DOH !!!! Wish i had read into this before hand) and their service after you give them cash is pantz!!! I have had nothing but lies from them. I just picked the car up yesterday. Its an 56 plate with 8600 ish miles. I love it to bits, i had a type R prior and the Corolla is waaay more refined than the honda and i love the note that comes from it when you give it some beanz smile.gif

I have noticed when in say 3rd or 4th geat at really low RPM (1k) and accellerate, when the engine is under load, it make a jingling kind of noise. I had a similar problem with a previous car and it was the heat shield on the exhaust. But i would like to know if anyone has any suggestions, as i would not and do not trust the t*ssers at the toyota garage to tell me what it is. It also reminds me of the noise that tappets make in a high milage engine as well.

Am i just being over concerned?

Cheers

J

I drive a face lift t sport and I get the same kind of noise i also get the belt squeak aswell highly anoying but still, another noise i get is an exhaust blowing sound when accelerating had it checked out and they said the exhaust was not blowing but the engine sounds rough it is very ticky mind maybe my cars just buggered

I drive a face lift t sport and I get the same kind of noise i also get the belt squeak aswell highly anoying but still, another noise i get is an exhaust blowing sound when accelerating had it checked out and they said the exhaust was not blowing but the engine sounds rough it is very ticky mind maybe my cars just buggered

hmmmm interesting....... thanks for that.

just a thought but could it be pinking from incorrect fuel? had similar problem with box standard e11 corolla two years ago turns out due to ***** fuel being used there was a carbon build up on the piston head etc!!

The squeaky belt noise will be the auxiliary belt, it can be changed with the pulleys and isn’t that big a job. My car has the "ticky" sound, but as she is always full of oil and has a full history, i am not concerned. I will just put it down to age as she has done 45k now. :thumbsup:

Hi Guys!

I have just bought a Corolla Compressor from Arnold Clark Aberdeen (DOH !!!! Wish i had read into this before hand) and their service after you give them cash is pantz!!! I have had nothing but lies from them. I just picked the car up yesterday. Its an 56 plate with 8600 ish miles. I love it to bits, i had a type R prior and the Corolla is waaay more refined than the honda and i love the note that comes from it when you give it some beanz smile.gif

I have noticed when in say 3rd or 4th geat at really low RPM (1k) and accellerate, when the engine is under load, it make a jingling kind of noise. I had a similar problem with a previous car and it was the heat shield on the exhaust. But i would like to know if anyone has any suggestions, as i would not and do not trust the t*ssers at the toyota garage to tell me what it is. It also reminds me of the noise that tappets make in a high milage engine as well.

Cheers

J

When i first bort my cmopressor i heard a definate rattle when pulling from low revs.. i too thought it was the heat shield

however now its fine and theres no rattle at all..

just to be safe ..as cabcurtain says run your comrpessor on v-power ideally and then reset your ecu using the accelerator technique! cos my compressor was run on 95ron before i bort it.. thanks to the toyota geniuseS!

shaun

just a thought but could it be pinking from incorrect fuel? had similar problem with box standard e11 corolla two years ago turns out due to ***** fuel being used there was a carbon build up on the piston head etc!!

sorry as macdonbz said!

sorry as macdonbz said!

Oh my God, i feel violated by this misquote :lol:

I hope i can get over it soon :P

Hi Guys!

Cheers

J

i get the same rattle in my compressor!!!! :angry:

Hi Guys!

Cheers

J

When i first bort my cmopressor i heard a definate rattle when pulling from low revs.. i too thought it was the heat shield

however now its fine and theres no rattle at all..

just to be safe ..as cabcurtain says run your comrpessor on v-power ideally and then reset your ecu using the accelerator technique! cos my compressor was run on 95ron before i bort it.. thanks to the toyota geniuseS!

shaun

Reset the ECU ?

Pray tell

Ta

Always hard to describe noises on a blog. Here goes...

- High pitched short chirp when applying accelerator, any revs, any gear. - This I had on my car, was a bush and spring on the manifold, not a problem just irritating. Mr T should change under warranty if you still have it.

- Similar to above, people also mention this auxillary belt - Had mine changed to try and solve problem above, so give this a go.

- Low rattle in low revs when engine under load. - Not sure about this one, a car I test drove did it and caused me to walk away but it also felt slow (like a Tsport) so it maybe as guys said that it had the wrong fuel in and was complaining and thus had dropped some bhp.

Reset ECU - with engine off, turn ignition to stage so that all dashboard lights come on, hold down accelerator for about 30 secs, you'll see the managment light flash, release accelerator and start car.

- High pitched short chirp when applying accelerator, any revs, any gear. - This I had on my car, was a bush and spring on the manifold, not a problem just irritating. Mr T should change under warranty if you still have it.

- Similar to above, people also mention this auxillary belt - Had mine changed to try and solve problem above, so give this a go.

- Low rattle in low revs when engine under load. - Not sure about this one, a car I test drove did it and caused me to walk away but it also felt slow (like a Tsport) so it maybe as guys said that it had the wrong fuel in and was complaining and thus had dropped some bhp.

Reset ECU - with engine off, turn ignition to stage so that all dashboard lights come on, hold down accelerator for about 30 secs, you'll see the managment light flash, release accelerator and start car.

This is happening to my 03 CTS too !

This is happening to my 03 CTS too !

I get same chirpy rattle on my 03 cts at low revs if pulling away in 2nd from about 7 or 8 mph when you're in traffic Mr T says it's the belt tensioner ? but it's not a problem :huh:

also can you reset the ECU on a pre facelift TS :unsure:

this has been coverd sooooo many times do some searches ! im sure if i can remember rightly that it is in fact a shield not sure if its the heat shield.

i too get the noise when setting off in low revs under load, it aint anything major i would search for the topic from months ago that one person got it sorted by a garage finding the problem and tightening the shield but i cant be botherd searching :)

I get same chirpy rattle on my 03 cts at low revs if pulling away in 2nd from about 7 or 8 mph when you're in traffic Mr T says it's the belt tensioner ? but it's not a problem :huh:

Yes mate, Either disconnect the negative Battery lead for a 30 secs or so, or remove 2 15 amp fuses if your fuse box for 10 seconds.

Fuses1.jpg

Yes mate, Either disconnect the negative Battery lead for a 30 secs or so, or remove 2 15 amp fuses if your fuse box for 10 seconds.

Fuses1.jpg

Thanks Kearon will try it this afternoon and I take my son to football for 1:00pm on saturdays but if you're going to be there for an hour or so I

will come down for a drink and a chat before I have to pick him up again (Oh been on hols bit of a fiddle trying to find t sport sect when I got back but there you go)

Excellent Thanks for that. The car is still under warranty and is going back to Toyota next week. But so for i have had nothing but lies from them so i was looking for some advice so that i had a heads up before going back in with the car.

Cheers guys i really appreciate all your help and advice.

J

:thumbsup:

On my car it was the heat shield above the exhaust manifoid where the 4 pipes converge into 1.

My engine rattles under load (pinking) but MrT said it was normal :o

Anyway, if it is a tinny rattle it will be the heat shield on the manifold - mine was replaced under warranty ;)

I run the tank to near vapours at the weekend and filled it to the brim with V-power and re-set the ECU as you said and it now runs sweet as a nut. Apart from anything it states on the fuel filler cover that its 98 RON only. I think the "special" cheap skate B*stards at Arnold Clark had added the crappy 95 ron into her tank :(

Nevermind, thanks for the info and its back to having fun again. :yahoo:

Cheers

J

I run the tank to near vapours at the weekend and filled it to the brim with V-power and re-set the ECU as you said and it now runs sweet as a nut. Apart from anything it states on the fuel filler cover that its 98 RON only. I think the "special" cheap skate B*stards at Arnold Clark had added the crappy 95 ron into her tank :(

Nevermind, thanks for the info and its back to having fun again. :yahoo:

Cheers

J

yes i did tell them only 98 ron but the a holes never listen when i traded her in.

the rattle/chirp at low revs is most likley to be at the join from the exhaust downpipe too the center section a new gasket and springs on the bolts will cure it but it will !Removed! back due to the springs stretching with engine movement.as for compressors when i worked at toyota we had one in with a rattle which turned out to be the exhaust center section where a baffle type peice in the exhaust had broken of and was loose in the exhaust was known to happen on two in the uk but there myt be more :/.hope this has helped

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links