Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi Induction For Cts

dwtg

As a proud owner of my CTS I have been planning on buying a typhoon but Iv recently read some reviews of a similar Apexi product and its supplied cheap enough from www.nengun.com

I was going to register today but just checking about the site first. has anyone else used this. I know someone has this month. Just checking their background before I give personal details and credit card numbers to them.

Whoever has the Apexi... Get a vid up quick!!! I wana see :D

Yeah I used them a while ago to order a TRD Short SHifter. Excellent company, had absolutely zero problems with them.

Norfolk n Chance orded his A'pexi from them.

Took about... 2 weeks? delivery.; I dunno. But he hasn't complained yet! :P I'm sure he'll enlighten us later on.

Thanks for the mention! :)

We are located in Japan and have been supplying parts direct for many years, you can see more information about our company on our website:

http://www.nengun.com/info/about-us

The Power Intakes are very popular for many vehicles due to their dry element, easy installation and great induction sound. You can see some examples of the Power Intake installed from the Apexi Japan website

http://www.apexi.co.jp/products/suction_co...wer_intake.html

http://www.apexi.co.jp/products/suction_co...r_intake_t.html

If you have any further questions or comments please don't hesitate to contact us via our website and we will get back to you ASAP. Likewise if there are any products not listed on our website, please let us know and we can determine availability and have them added ASAP!

http://www.nengun.com/enquiry/

Well I wasnt expecting a reply from the company itself. :D

I will leave an enquiry on your website about what Im looking for.

The A'PEXi is fantastic!

I'll try and get a video up this weekend!

Nengun were spot on! Highly recommended!

:thumbsup:

I loved the Apexi and would have defo gotten one of those over the K&N if I'd known they existed. :thumbsup:

Different car, but I've got a video of my Integra with the Apexi and spoon back box, which I'd hoped to replicate with the CTS. The phone doesn't do it justice, it was much louder, so I know not to everyones tastes. Oh and was going up quite a hill with the windows down before everyone says it's slow!! :lol: The video seems to be hanging a bit on photobucket too.

Teg

I loved the Apexi and would have defo gotten one of those over the K&N if I'd known they existed. :thumbsup:

Different car, but I've got a video of my Integra with the Apexi and spoon back box, which I'd hoped to replicate with the CTS. The phone doesn't do it justice, it was much louder, so I know not to everyones tastes. Oh and was going up quite a hill with the windows down before everyone says it's slow!! :lol: The video seems to be hanging a bit on photobucket too.

Teg

What sorta differences is there from the K&N?

faults of the K&N;

oiled filter - possibly screw up your MAF

Tube bent too far - stretches MAF wiring, resulting in a dash light

Metal tube prone to cracking/breaking - not good if you want to keep sharp metallic items out of your engine...

costs £190

Apex'i has none of the above faults, costs £~ 97 imported. should gain to within 2-3 BHP of the K&N.

faults of the K&N;

Metal tube prone to cracking/breaking - not good if you want to keep sharp metallic items out of your engine...

costs £190

Apex'i has none of the above faults, costs £~ 97 imported. should gain to within 2-3 BHP of the K&N.

CTS's fitted with the TTE Backbox and K&N have been proven at over 200BHP.

2-3Bhp from K&N and rest from TTE backbox? I think not :P

Rest of the things I agree with though :lol:

T sport, if ive read it right I think he means the Apexi will give the same gains as the K&N within 2-3 bhp if you get me.

Does the back box make much difference to bhp?

Ive ordered the K&N but if for some reason it doesnt arrive from america i will order the Apexi

T sport, if ive read it right I think he means the Apexi will give the same gains as the K&N within 2-3 bhp if you get me.

this man^^.

i think the typhoon will deliver smoother air as it replaces the rubber piping from the MAF back to the TB with steel tubing. but that the apexi will draw 5 BHP increase over standard where the K&N draws 7-8:) per se'

Aaaah. My Mistake :P

Demo, I'd imagine so. As I doubt the K&N / Apexi alone on our car will deliver an additional 12Bhp.

faults of the K&N;

costs £190

CTS's fitted with the TTE Backbox and K&N have been proven at over 200BHP.

2-3Bhp from K&N and rest from TTE backbox? I think not :P

Rest of the things I agree with though :lol:

it wasnt proven really - wbhp is what matters. trying to work a flywheel figure from mechanical drag isnt accurate. if a before and after run was done - then figures could be compared.

just sticking a cone on where the box was located gives gains - i dont think so! typhoons and others seem only popular in this counrty, everywhere else uses CAI's as it is well proven drawing air from the engine bay reduces performance. looked at a few cars RC developments have done and none use a cone in the engine bay............

yea but in the US for example, they dont always have the same wet conditions we do here (we have them for 80% of the year) hence they can cut a hole and relocate the air filter in the wing, and it wont matter too much (check out the AEM's). most UK people have issues cutting their cars up and fear the rain/water causing some hydrolock in the engine which puts most people off.

sticking a cone where the box is WILL give gains IF the stock box is actually restricting the flow of air to the engine. If it isnt and it can flow whats needed as well, and as smoothly as a cone (and or kit liek the typhoon where the metal is designed to smooth the flow from cone to TB), then no, the cone wont provide any benefit in terms of increased BHP.

i dont believe that the stock box provides enough airflow, this is why for the elise 2zz (i think it is) they have a competition spec airbox replacement which gives a higher surface air volume to allow additional air to enter, presumably because otherwise the engine is being stifled.

i hope that makes sense.

Hey everybody!

After contemplating gettin an induction kit and wondering whether to fork out 200 sheets on a K&N, now reading what you've all been sayin about the apexi kit, i think im guna bite the bullet n get one. Ive bin lookin on the nengun site and was just wondering, those of you who have bought one, what is the correct code for the tsport? is it 508-T029 NA Toyota - Corolla - ZZE122/ZZE123/ZZE124 12,558 Yen ???

I have a facelift 04 tsport.

Cheers

I've the Typhoon and i cant really complain about it, definately makes a bit of a difference particulary in lift...dont really notice any difference in MPG either when driving normally

The noise is awesome from the Typhoon, it sounds really raw in lift and will make you giggle like a girl when you wind it up...but it attracts unwanted attention..took the car on a foreign holiday recently and was overtaking a tractor in 2nd gear on a 100 km/h road (62mph) and pulled back in..and the cops flashed their lights at me..they heard me coming from a fair bit down the road and i wasnt over the speed limit.

Cant beat that Apexi one for £97, im sure the Typhoon isnt worth nearly twice the price....

We should really organise a RR day to find out.........

We are!!! lol.

Like you said, We got 10 names lets try and find a decent place now. :P

hey guys what is the correct code on the nengun website for the apexi power intake for my 2005(facelift) corolla 1.6?

help much appreciated....im bit of a noob when it comes to ordering parts :blushing:

I believe your engine code is 3ZZFE.

If you're not sure just email Nengun and they'll make sure you get the right kit!

I believe your engine code is 3ZZFE.

If you're not sure just email Nengun and they'll make sure you get the right kit!

that code is not there :(

i will email them to find out. thanks

Nengun

It is, forgot Nengun go by chassis code first! :lol:

oh ye you are right hehe. thanks.

so this would be it for my car?

508-T030 NA / Toyota - Corolla - NZE121 / £105.68

im guessing

hmm is more expensive than the tsport versions!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links