Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

High Pitched Squeaky Prius

spooky

Hi

I bought a 56 yr Prius (12,000 miles) this April from Currie Motors

A month later I noticed a squeak when we brake, but not soon as we apply the brakes

Basically we start slowing down, then apply the brakes and when it gets to about 2mph you get a high pitched squeak and then it stops.

You really hear it when the window is down or if you are outside.

I took it to the Currie Motors who said the brakes are fine and that they could not find a fault. Furthermore they added that that was normal!!

Does anyone else experience that...I certainly have been listening out for other Prius' on the road but haven't heard them squeak just as they stop!

Any ideas what I should do? :unsure:

Thanks

Hi Spooky, I have replied to you on the other thread, but yours sounds like it makes exactly the same noise as mine, only being heard at low speeds, like when you are crawling along in a traffic jam and yes it is quite loud!

Hi

I bought a 56 yr Prius (12,000 miles) this April from Currie Motors

A month later I noticed a squeak when we brake, but not soon as we apply the brakes

Basically we start slowing down, then apply the brakes and when it gets to about 2mph you get a high pitched squeak and then it stops.

You really hear it when the window is down or if you are outside.

I took it to the Currie Motors who said the brakes are fine and that they could not find a fault. Furthermore they added that that was normal!!

Does anyone else experience that...I certainly have been listening out for other Prius' on the road but haven't heard them squeak just as they stop!

Any ideas what I should do? :unsure:

Thanks

I have run a Prius for over three years now and have formed the imnpression that, in moderate driving, most of the braking is done regeneratively without acually using the mechanical (disk) brakes. I am quite certain that just before I come to a complete stop at, say, a road junction or roundabout and the regenerative braking action is insufficient, I hear the mechanical brakes come into action as the brake pads contact the brake disks with a rubbing sound. This is more noticeable in the Winter months when the disks are rusty. I don't get the screeching sound you comment on though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links