Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Seat Belt Beep

nrgizerbunny

anyone know how to disable the seat belt beep/warning? i know there was a procedure for it a while ago but i can't find it!

Hi, try this procedure:

1) Seat on the driver's side. The passenger's seat shoulb be also occupied.

2) Insert key and turn to ON

3) Set the trip/ODO display to ODO (not trip A or trip cool.gif. If it is already in the ODO mode, you’ll need to cycle through the options until you reach Odometer again.

4) Release the button.

5) Press and hold the button again and while you still holding the button start the engine. Keep pressing the button.

6) Count exactly 14 seconds.

7) Buckle the driver's seatbelt

8) If the last step was successful, "b on" or "b off" should be displayed in the location where the Trip Odometer or Odometer is normally displayed. "b on" is beep on, and "b off" is beep off.

9) Press Trip/ODO to toggle the mode

10) Wait till the display changes back to ODO

11) Done

Now the beeper does not operate.

This did it for my 2006 1.6 vvt Corolla

Hope it helps you too.

• 3 weeks later...
anyone know how to disable the seat belt beep/warning? i know there was a procedure for it a while ago but i can't find it!

If that doesn't work- or you're afraid of how it effects the airbag, try this- clickercheater.com. I bought a seatbelt alarm silencing device a while back because my dog rides in the car with me often, and that dinging on the passanger's side drove me nuts. The clicker cheater is only $20, and it's legal. It was helpful, and I didn't have to do any fumbling with wires. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links