Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel Bolts

PaulT

I had a very useful conversation with SJ at JAE. For my Aygo, I use Yaris 14in alloys for my track wheels as they can fit a wider tyre than the standard Aygo wheel. But I had to make up some custom wheel bolts in order to get them to fit on the hub.

Now I have discovered that the Aygo alloy wheels have a different fitment to the steelies and this looks the same as every other Toyota wheel. You can see the two types of bolt here:

dscf1890sm.jpg

The one on the left fits Aygo alloys and the one on the right fits the steel wheels. Ok, so I need four sets of the one on the left to stick my Yaris wheels on.

Went into the dealership today and asked for a quote. Are you sitting down? One bolt, £8.43. Sixteen bolts = £134.88 presumably?! :o

Is there another product which isn't on the TGB computer for a set of 16 at a reasonable price? Can't believe that on a cheap car like the Aygo that a set of bolts costs more than a wheel :o :o

So anyway, don't lose any because they are expensive!

Paul.

Well after spending £8.43 + vat on one bolt to see if they fit the Yaris alloys, I have found out that they don't!

How hopeless is that. They are just slightly too big to go into the holes in the wheels. Why would anybody make a wheel which is nearly the same but just not quite as the Yaris one?! :lol:

Even Toyota engineers can have an off day. Well on the plus side, no point in buying 15 more expensive bolts.

Back to the original plan, don't try to put Yaris wheels on an Aygo.

Paul.

Paul, Not sure if I've understood properly. Are you saying that the Aygo alloy wheel bolts are different from the Aygo steel wheel bolts. This worries me because I have an Aygo Black that came with Toyota alloy wheels as standard but a steel wheel as a spare (standard practice for special editions from all manufacturers). If you are correct then I cannot use my spare wheel?

Paul, Not sure if I've understood properly. Are you saying that the Aygo alloy wheel bolts are different from the Aygo steel wheel bolts. This worries me because I have an Aygo Black that came with Toyota alloy wheels as standard but a steel wheel as a spare (standard practice for special editions from all manufacturers). If you are correct then I cannot use my spare wheel?

Check the little box that contains your locking wheel nut key, you should find 4 bolts in there for the spare as well.

Check the little box that contains your locking wheel nut key, you should find 4 bolts in there for the spare as well.

mine has the wee box with 4 bolts and a special socket for the alloys, the 4 bolts ARE different from the alloy bolts fitted to the car so they must be for the steel spare.

Doh! I had assumed that these were the four bolts that were replaced by the locking wheel bolts. Glad I read this forum.

Little box? Mine were in a stupid little plastic bag, that ripped the first time I actually needed them...

Finding the one bolt that slipped away under the rear seat took more time than changing my wheel!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links