Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clear Turn Signals On Rav4.2.1

St Thicket

I have the 2003 model with turn signals on the bumper, and thougth it might look good to fit som clear lamps instead of the eggy look that I have today...

Problem: The amber cover seems to serve another purpose as well... it looks like it has some "bumps" that helps spreading the light.

Can I remove the amber cover and just replace the lamp with a new "clear-looking" lamp. (whats the name of these lamps anyway?)

Has anyone successfully done anything like this? Is it legal?

Hi mate, if you look further down tha page to Jibbbbbb's lifes a beach thread, he's allready done this.

Maybe worth a PM for info. Cheers :thumbsup:

Have you tried painting the lights with clear varnish to make them clear??

It doesn't work!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can buy clear lamp units and they have an amber coloured bulb to give the orange light when the indicators are working!!

I've them fitted to my '94 RAV. Got them off a guy on eBay.

You can buy clear lamp units and they have an amber coloured bulb to give the orange light when the indicators are working!!

I've them fitted to my '94 RAV. Got them off a guy on ebay.

The amber coloured bulbs still give a bit of an amber appreance to the indicator housing, don't they? BUT I have seen on eBay silver chromed bulbs that flash orange - they would look good :)

thinking about it you are both right, i did at first put amber bulbs in , but as you say you can still see the amber bulb , so i did replace the bulbs again with the chrome ones which flash amber . i have looked all over the net to try and find where i got the clear lenes but cant find any for 4.2 models

i was just wondering if it would be possible to change the back lights for clear ones . i do think that lexus have all ready done it on one of there models . now that would look neat . i no you can get chrome bulbs in red as well .... now theres one for hoovie and anchorman to get ya heads round. and if you do find away dont forget who had the idea :P :P :P

Not sure about the clear lights at the back :g: I think the latest RX has that and looks a little 'cheap' IMO - I think because there are so many silly boy-racer hatches that have stolen the look, maybe ;)

You could fit what DutchRAV has? - red LED rear clusters. They look quite tasty

Not sure about the clear lights at the back :g: I think the latest RX has that and looks a little 'cheap' IMO - I think because there are so many silly boy-racer hatches that have stolen the look, maybe ;)

You could fit what DutchRAV has? - red LED rear clusters. They look quite tasty

any links for them

best to PM him for info - I think he said they came from a german supplier.

I recall a post either here or possibly on RAV4World where he had them side by side. Reckon I have also seen then for sale on eBay :thumbsup:

This is a pic he posted here

ledlights2.JPG

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...8311&st=660 - post #678

I buy red LEDs from RS Components - they are 12volts and cheap as chips....no.....cheaper!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links