Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rugby Union

bothwell_buyer

In a rugby union match last Saturday, my oldest son got his cheekbone broken and his face mashed up by a nutter going into him with both feet after my son had gone to ground getting the ball. To cause the injuries, surely the mron must have intentionally gone in to cause injury - it was early in the game.

The referee refused to order the moron off despite protestations (complaints) made to him by my other son.

There's no photographic evidence but some witnesses. What should I do? Wait for the return match and arrange to break the guys legs? Don't bother waiting and just do it now?

Hold back and just smile?

this is always a problem with any game, there is a chance you are going to get hurt. I play the game myself so I know that you are putting your body on the line when you play, especially if you dive onto a lose ball. But the problem is that we have been taught and I stick to it religiously, that what happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch, so wait until the next game and get the whole team to single him out and make his life hell!

I am a Referee, albeit a soccer Ref. I see bad tackles all the time and take the apporopriate action, cant understand from what you say that the guy wasnt sent off. You could go to the Polis if you think it was deliberate, but they will take a statement from the Referee and others, then decide to do nothing :rolleyes: You could make a protest to the equivalent of the local FA (RFU??) and see if he could be brought to justice that way. Other than that, make his life hell in the return match, by which I mean making it as hard as possible to play WITHIN the laws of the game. A few timely tackles by a burley prop should do the trick, providing your prop can run :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I am a Referee, albeit a soccer Ref. I see bad tackles all the time and take the apporopriate action, cant understand from what you say that the guy wasnt sent off. You could go to the Polis if you think it was deliberate, but they will take a statement from the Referee and others, then decide to do nothing :rolleyes: You could make a protest to the equivalent of the local FA (RFU??) and see if he could be brought to justice that way. Other than that, make his life hell in the return match, by which I mean making it as hard as possible to play WITHIN the laws of the game. A few timely tackles by a burley prop should do the trick, providing your prop can run :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Uhhhhhhh - my son was the prop!!!

However youngest son has been warned in the past about his fearsome tackling so I'll just need to fire him up before the game.... If I could get my own 22 stone hulk to move at speed without the RAV4s help ...but at my age there's no chance!

Any beefy muscle bound 30 stone monsters out there fancy a one-off game of rugby??? :lol:

who needs a 30 stone monster, im a 15 stone winger/centre and it isnt about size. When playing centre I have flattened props and 2nd rows, if you hit them in the right place anyone will snap

The problem with the ref is that he has to actually have seen it, the game is full of punches, headbuts, bites, stamps and raking. Just needs to wait until the next time that guy goes to ground in a ruck and drop a knee onto his head!

Remember kids: Sport hurts, so play hard or don't play at all

Seriously though, I agree with Hou, what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. Although it sounds like a terrible injury to pick up, in sport you do get people trying to hurt the oppositon & I'm sure your son knew the risks before he went onto the pitch. While my initial reaction would be to ruin anyone who hurt my son, I don't think it's the best option, just wait for the next game & get all the lads to batter him as much as possible throughout the game.

Rugby is a hard sport so they should be able to inflict a hell of a lot of pain on him while staying well within the rules, take advantage of that.

• 6 months later...

There are channells you can go through to deal wit it off the pitch. He can be cited for it. If the ref failed to deal wit it in the proper manner then you should cite him for it(the player that is not the ref). Sounds like a horrible injury but the last thing you need to be teaching young players is to go out and hurt sumone even if its within the laws

Sorry. Meant to post this in the discussion on William Webb Ellis in Rugby :blush:

He was, apparently , an excellent sportsman, Try this link & other options attached to it :thumbsup:

http://www.eppingforestdc.gov.uk/community...y/WebbEllis.asp

This one is better

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Webb_Ellis

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links