Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2001 Gs Vvt-i Audio

taurus

Hello all, I need advice on fitting an aftermarket CD player to replace the factory-fitted casette player in my Corolla GS 2001 model. I cannot find the fascia adapter anywhere. I have tried fitting the new system in, but it sits awkwardly and the panel looks very untidy because of irregularity and blank spaces. Is there any solution? Is fiiting a CD changer a possible solution if I want to play CDs? Any help is appreciated.

Im bot tooo sure about your car but i changed my corolla t sport headunit to an aftermarket one. there was a single din fascia available im pretty sure it would be for urs too. I gotta say the fascia plates arent they best as they dont fit exactly flush and the colour can be abit odd too but mina.

well, i did that about a months ago at a local car audio shop, they didn't get another fascia and it did sat well where the cassette player used to be, it was a bit tight, what CD player are you using? mine is an Alpine 9874, i think if you put the cd player on where the cassette used to be might be sorted out the problem

well, i did that about a months ago at a local car audio shop, they didn't get another fascia and it did sat well where the cassette player used to be, it was a bit tight, what CD player are you using? mine is an Alpine 9874, i think if you put the cd player on where the cassette used to be might be sorted out the problem

i've tried fitting it in but it doesnt fit well (lob-sided)...it works fine, but as i sai, there are empty spaces above and below the player. I have tried fitting it through all angles...no luck! My stereo system is SilverCrest.....im so tired of it all that i am now thinking about getting a cd changer in the boot.....i know toyota cd changers are expensive and so im trying to find some other brand with adapter of some sort...im clueless at the moment.......

that's strange, i went to a car audio shop and they just fit that easily, probably you should go to ask if they can fit that for you. p.s. I haven't heard that brand.

that's strange, i went to a car audio shop and they just fit that easily, probably you should go to ask if they can fit that for you. p.s. I haven't heard that brand.

ive tried Halfords, and even they cant do it!!!! SilverCrest is a german company...I bought this sytem as it was on a promotional offer (huge discount)...the sound is amazing, i must say...and its got all those fancy bits like bluetooth, sd card slot, ipod connector, etc.....Anyway, the thing is....the system overlaps the front panel...either i chisel out a thin section of the front panel, or forget about the aftermarket stereo. but thanks for the suggestions anyways guys......i am also contemplating getting a cd changer instead...but am still trying to figure out if any other brand (except toyota) would fit or not......

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure exactly if your question has already been answered, but you don't need a fascia adapter (assuming that you have the E11 corolla?)

1. Unscrew the screws underneath the heating control knobs (ie pull them out, you'll see what i mean)

2. Pull out the ash tray, the air flow knob (the thing you flick from side to side) the cig lighter, and any other loose bits!

3. (With some degree of force) Pull the centre console off

4. You'll see the current toyota cd/tape player is screwed to a bracket which is screwed to the centre console, unscrew it, and basically replace it.

You'll need to get a toyota corolla wiring loom adapter for definite though!

The cd player does fit a bit tight in the top slot though so what i did was to fine sand the center console to allow space for me to remove the front of the cd player when parking!

Hope this helps!

I'm not sure exactly if your question has already been answered, but you don't need a fascia adapter (assuming that you have the E11 corolla?)

1. Unscrew the screws underneath the heating control knobs (ie pull them out, you'll see what i mean)

2. Pull out the ash tray, the air flow knob (the thing you flick from side to side) the cig lighter, and any other loose bits!

3. (With some degree of force) Pull the centre console off

4. You'll see the current toyota cd/tape player is screwed to a bracket which is screwed to the centre console, unscrew it, and basically replace it.

You'll need to get a toyota corolla wiring loom adapter for definite though!

The cd player does fit a bit tight in the top slot though so what i did was to fine sand the center console to allow space for me to remove the front of the cd player when parking!

Hope this helps!

hi. thanks man, but I've tried that (except the sanding bit)! my player, i guess, is too big. It is not just the face, but the whole player which is slightly bigger. I guess sanding will help. I shall consider it, but my only concern is that if ever i wanted to put the toyota system back, i would be in trouble. You might ask why I would want to do that; the thing is if ever i sell this car, i am definittely not going to part with my expensive hi-fi stereo :-) ...i know there are too many ifs and I am seriously thinking about your idea. thanks very much....

P.S. what make is your aftermarket player?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links