Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Oil And Brake Pads

borodaz

tonyte i will be purchasing the following;

black diamond drilled and grooved brake disks for front corners

trd Iridium spark plugs

trd high flow sports oil filter

dot 5.1 brake fluid

have a few question........

to go with my brakes im wanting some pads, EBC greenstuff, redstuff, yellowstuff etc etc whitch one will suit me best ?

another question is what oil should i be buying, anyone gone for some decent engine oil ? need make and price plz! also how many litres will i need.

just giving my car a little clean , keep it nice and fresh :)

trd iridium spark plugs

dot 5.1 brake fluid

to go with my brakes im wanting some pads, EBC greenstuff, redstuff, yellowstuff etc etc whitch one will suit me best ?

another question is what oil should i be buying, anyone gone for some decent engine oil ? need make and price plz! also how many litres will i need.

trd Iridium spark plugs - The originals are designed for 6yrs, do you really need some yet?

trd high flow sports oil filter - I dont think this is any different to the std one

5 litres of oil will do you - Viscosity, lets not get that going again :lol:

EBC pads need warming up for bite, i had the Greenies and swapped for Mintex as when cold i didn't like them :thumbsup:

I use Redstuff and they're fine. They stop you well enough when cold as you shouldn't ragging your car when engines cold anyway :lol:

For motorway trips, just brake a lil' ealier when coming off slip-roads / junctions etc. Greenstuff are for lower end cars, Redstuff they wreckon are about our level cars, and I don't think they even sell Yellowstuff to street cars do they? I thought Yellow Blue and Black were all high performance cars.

Aaaanyway. I like my Redstuff. They work wellenough. lol.

For engine oil, i would highly recommend Millers XSS 5w30/10w40..i got this for £20 at a motorfactors (for 5 litres)..and the car runs like a dream on it.

www.millersoils.co.uk

If you wanted to go full out and get a fully synthetic, id go for Fuchs Titan 5w40 or Millers 5w40 XFS

www.opieoils.co.uk

Some people recommend the fully synthetic, i just stick with quality semi and change it every 5-6k..the fully is probably better, but Toyota recommend Semi

so thats good enough for me.

trd iridium spark plugs

dot 5.1 brake fluid

trd Iridium spark plugs - The originals are designed for 6yrs, do you really need some yet?

trd high flow sports oil filter - I dont think this is any different to the std one

5 litres of oil will do you - Viscosity, lets not get that going again :lol:

EBC pads need warming up for bite, i had the Greenies and swapped for Mintex as when cold i didn't like them :thumbsup:

considering the spark plugs are only £12 im going to stick some nice fresh ones in , same with oil filter its only small £ so im going to stick a fresh one in along with the new fresh oil.

redstuff pads are for 200bhp and over ive just noticed on EBC site still dont know what to get , what are these mintex pads ? any link ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links