Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help!

lumumba

Hi, guys, I'm a happy TS 2001 192 bhp owner (not compressor). Unfortunately my baby was hit by another car and when I took off my left fender I noticed that some kind of compressor was broken there. I don't know what's the purpose of that compressor. It seems it makes the air flow into exhaust system behind the engine but I'm not sure. I can't find it in toyota catalogues and repair manuals. But I noticed the part number on it: 17610-22040 and 125600-0120. Please help guys! I need to know what it's made for and where I can get it. Is this compressor necessary for my baby? Thanks!!

No idea.

Try a PM to Parts King, i'm sure he'll be able to offer some help as to what the part is!

:thumbsup:

That part number is not showing on my system at all. I'm wondering if it is something specific to your area/specification?

It must be a necessary part, they dont fit parts for no reason ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm dissappointed :(

Parts King doesn't know what a part is?

Surely that's false advertising?!

:lol: ;)

Thanks guys. Maybe it's air pump? But why doesn't it pump air through the filter? :huh:

My TS is from UK - it's not something unusual. Just regular TS 2001.

I'm dissappointed :(

Parts King doesn't know what a part is?

Surely that's false advertising?!

:lol: ;)

:rolleyes: Parts King knows all the parts, just not the ones I know nothing of :ermm::ermm::king::king:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Maybe it's air pump? But why doesn't it pump air through the filter? :huh:

My TS is from UK - it's not something unusual. Just regular TS 2001.

Are you able to take a picture of the item, as someone might recognise it by sight rather than by a description.

That's your air injection pump. Pumps air into the exhaust when the car is cold to improve emissions. €800 last time i checked

That's your air injection pump. Pumps air into the exhaust when the car is cold to improve emissions. €800 last time i checked

Thanks! It's very expensive! Do you think it can affect my catalyst converter if I don't use this pump?

Geez thats expensive, as reliable as my car has been...the price of Toyota parts is scaring me off getting another TBH....

Same goes for any other Jap car.

I think if its not working your cat takes longer to warm up. That's all, don't think you will damage anything, may be the environment, hope you can sleep at night :P

Ohh and the 3 famous lights will come on!!! :lol:

I think if its not working your cat takes longer to warm up. That's all, don't think you will damage anything, may be the environment, hope you can sleep at night :P

Ohh and the 3 famous lights will come on!!! :lol:

Haha!!! :D Thank you very much! This pump is too expensive. I will try to sleep well. :P By the way, the lights don't come on so I think I will get rid of it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links