Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'94 Celica St.

Makiwa

Hi, have just bought an old Celica ST. (L) '94. Has the round headlights. Have to honest, don't know much about these cars other than it's a Toyota so it should be a good car. I also have an Avensis that has served me very well over the last 8 years!

What is the difference between a 'ST' and a 'GT'? This one is an Auto. Has only 96,000 miles looks reasonably tidy and seems to go well.

Any info on these cars would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance, Bill. :D

only difference is the engines gt is a 3sge or 3sfe 2 litre , i think the st is an 1800 cc engine as the carina/corolla.

Apologies, apologies, apologies. I was supposed to say 'XT' NOT 'ST' sorry. It says 1990cc on the logbook.

Ciao.

xt were made in the 80,s , somethings amiss , probably your log book , if your cars the 4 frog eyed model gen 6 . then its a st all st,s as far as im aware were 1800 cc . and im sure the 2 litre on any log book is listed as 1998 cc

Thanks. Well it say's 'XT' on the log book, on the engine it has '2000 Twin Cam 16' on the rocker cover. Vin is ST202-0047786 so I presume it is a ST, not a XT as written on the logbook?

It has a 3S-GE motor, allegedly producing 177bhp.

Anyway, any info on this car would be much appreciated, thanks.

Ciao.

post-39976-1220626729_thumb.jpg

what info do you need exactly.??

what info do you need exactly.??

Any relative info really, don't really know these cars at all, although, as said I've had an Avensis for 7/8 years. Like any particular quirks with this model, and known problems to look out for. I have to say I hear quite a bit of clonking underneath the car on bumps and with this !Removed! weather no chance to look yet! Could be anything I suppose???

Also on the dash on the right-hand side airvent near the window there is a little round rocker switch with a red led that does light up if switched down but I can't figure what it does??? Any ideas please. Also, can you adjust the dash-lights?

That's about it really, for now. I do appreciate the replies, thanks. :D

Cheers, Bill.

you bought an import. your car is infact a SS2 . the jap eqivelent to the uk's GT.

the switch will be for the rear fogs as the jap model didnt have them . the knocking may well be the rear anti roll bar bushes.

jap model didnt have switch to adjust dash lights . Car will run better on super unleaded - jap models were mapped using 100 ron fuel.

check under sun visor on drivers side , should be a sticker all in jap writing about the air bag.

http://english.auto.vl.ru/catalog/toyota/celica/1993_10/

Thanks GT-4, all comments noted. Will check about the rear foglight/s, although it does have the foglight switch on the stalk as per normal, like my Avensis, although these are swapped, indicator/lights on the right, wipers on the left, a bit confusing when swapping from one car to another....... :o

Yeah, the clonking does seem to be emitting from the rear, will have that checked out, thanks. While we are on that subject, apparently it has what is called Superstrut Suspension, could that be the problem??? Not that I know what that is exactly, will do a search...... :)

Anyway, I'm not complaining, I think what I paid was a 'steal'. Well I think so, hope I'm right. All I know is that compared to the Avensis it feels like someone took out the springs and put blocks of wood there instead!!!!! :lol: But everything works that should work, so far........

Cheers, and thanks again.... Bill.

A couple of photos'.

post-39976-1220644995_thumb.jpg

post-39976-1220645021_thumb.jpg

post-39976-1220645042_thumb.jpg

fogs on the stalk are for the front fogs. rear fogs on the uk celica were on a switch located near the air vent drivers side. superstrut does knock when its tired no copied parts alas, just genuine toyota bits, total cost of all 3 bits if needed are about . £516 per side without labour charges.

for all spares try here - http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/

if its a 1.8 st/sr the engine code is 7afse and the 2ltr is a 3sge gt/st202 and of course the gt4 3sgte

as yours is import the front fog are on the stalks the rear will be a switch added some where you can modify the rear light to include the fog and get rid that fog light hanging down looks cleaner :D

if its a 1.8 st/sr the engine code is 7afse and the 2ltr is a 3sge gt/st202 and of course the gt4 3sgte

as yours is import the front fog are on the stalks the rear will be a switch added some where you can modify the rear light to include the fog and get rid that fog light hanging down looks cleaner :D

erm hello. its a ss2 which comes in 3sge 2 litre . uk model fogs were on stalk and rears on switch !!! take the rear fog off post mot time. re-apply come mot time.

erm hello. its a ss2 which comes in 3sge 2 litre . uk model fogs were on stalk and rears on switch !!! take the rear fog off post mot time. re-apply come mot time.

i know its ss2 mines ss2 which is the higher bhp 3sge ss1 lower but both 2ltr

ss1's were 3SFE - 2 litre, the jap 3SGE will only be more powerfull over the uk gt if using super unleaded as the ecu was mapped using 100 ron fuel, even then it wont be by much . ;)

Thanks for all the info guys. Will remember to only put 'SU' in only. Is Tescos' 99 alright? Or is there a preference?

Thanks, Bill. :D

Thanks for all the info guys. Will remember to only put 'SU' in only. Is Tescos' 99 alright? Or is there a preference?

Thanks, Bill. :D

.....i use Shell V power but yeah i guess Tesco would be o.k.

(just my 2penneth im new here!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links