Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Roof Bars

greenhorace

Hi be gentle - I'm new to the TOC!

I have a RAV4 (05, 5dr, 2L pet) which has the factory fitted roof bars. I have two questions,

a) How many bikes can be mounted on the roof

B) When choosing the bars to support the cycle holders how long should they be 120 or 135cm?

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find an answer. Please excuse me if this has already be answered elsewhere.

Any help gratefully received!

I have a RAV4 (05, 5dr, 2L pet) which has the factory fitted roof bars. I have two questions,

B) When choosing the bars to support the cycle holders how long should they be 120 or 135cm?

I tried searching the forum but couldn't find an answer. Please excuse me if this has already be answered elsewhere.

Hi greenie,

My 4.2 had fitted roof rails and I paid a visit to Halfords and got Thule roof bars and feet to fit. Only one bike so got the barracuda bike holder. My guess is will definitely take two bikes and probably three. dont know about length but Halfords catalogue in store will tell you which bars are appropriate. As no roof rails on my current 4.3 the bars have been passed over to my fiance's Freelander which they fit but with a bit of an overhang. hope this helps, good luck.

J

Hi greenie,

My 4.2 had fitted roof rails and I paid a visit to Halfords and got Thule roof bars and feet to fit. Only one bike so got the barracuda bike holder. My guess is will definitely take two bikes and probably three. dont know about length but Halfords catalogue in store will tell you which bars are appropriate. As no roof rails on my current 4.3 the bars have been passed over to my fiance's Freelander which they fit but with a bit of an overhang. hope this helps, good luck.

J

Thanks for your help J - much appreciated

Greenie

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links