Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tow Bar Bike Rack ?

halfalife

Hi everyone....i need a bike rack that holds 3 bikes for my new rav xtr....and after considering all the options, i've decided to go for one that fits on a tow bar. Do any of you guys have one or could suggest a rack?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh.....i also need a towbar.....in fact the only things i do have is the car and bikes !!!!

Thanx

Both topics have been much discussed on here mate. Try using the search function at bottom of page. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone....i need a bike rack that holds 3 bikes for my new rav xtr....and after considering all the options, i've decided to go for one that fits on a tow bar. Do any of you guys have one or could suggest a rack?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oh.....i also need a towbar.....in fact the only things i do have is the car and bikes !!!!

Thanx

As Dave.m says, these subjects have been covered extensively earlier. For some reason Toyota have seen best to fit the roof rails only to the base 4.3 model so it simply comes down to economics, unless of course, you wish to tow a trailer etc. If not, then it's a case of buying the appropriate rails, bars and carriers and sticking them on the roof. Would prefer this option to the carriers clamped on to the tail gate.

Best regards

Silly question about the tow bar bike racks:

Once you get to where you are going, and have the bikes off, does the rack fold up out of the way? Or would you have to remove the rack completely, if you didn't want it sticking out at the rear?

As I've said in other posts I've used all 3 options and think the tow bar method is the best.

When you arrive at your destination and remove the bikes the rack just stays on the bars.

usually these things are not that long and it isn't much hassle to park up with it attached.

In fact I doubt if the RAV + rack is as long as some estates.

The one I used (long gone) was easily removed and dissembled so I used to put it in the boot for security.

Nowadays we put our 2 bikes in the back of the RAV which is the easiest option of all (only 2 of us in the vehicle)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links