Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Racing Standard Petrol Tank

bothwell_buyer

My RAV4 has its original petrol tank - well no it doesn't actually. I got another from a scrappy cos the 1st was bent. I painted the replacement with hammerite after cleaning the tank. However, the breather pipe has corroded and despite fixing it, it still leaks. I'm now thinking of taking the original tank underneath out and replacing it with an alloy racing standard boot level tank inside; foam filled and even a fire extinguisher etc.

Has anyone used these before, and could you recommend a supplier?

cheers.

I need a 50+ litre tank as I need to drive a distance to get to drag strips etc. Trailering the car is just a pain....and slow.

• 1 month later...

Demon tweaks Motorsport catalogue ;)

ATL fuel systems but hope you got a fair budget, they are FIA approved though

• 1 month later...

thanks for the ideas - am waiting to get polybushes from USA, which then means we can rebuild the rear suspension, and fit the USA rear sway bar......by whci time the exhaust will need modified and the current petrol tank will have just about fallen apart - the breather pipe at the tank is rotten and the rest of the tank isn't far off. At the moment the exhaust is running quite low so removing the tank should help give us space to lift it.

My number 2 rav should be ready at the end of this month - thats held things up as I had to buy a second donor MR2 - the first had loads of bits missing! Probably be next year by the time my piggy bank is full again!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links