Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Overtaking On Double White Lines

cabcurtains

I have been to the North West 4x there and back this week and for me it involves going over the Woodhead Pass, for those who don’t know it, the road is 15 miles of tight bends and short straights with mostly double white lines. It is the shorter way to get from Sheffield to Manchester as going up to and over the M62 adds about 40 miles to the trip. As you can imagine this road is very busy with Trucks, Cars and even suicidal Cyclists!!

Anyway, on each day there have been 3 or 4 occasions were impatient fools have been overtaking on solid white lines, I thought this was the last rule not to be broken on the road, sadly it appears to have gone :( As I do 50,000 miles per annum I feel more at risk than usual :eek:

The below is a good example, but the ones i saw involved cars and vans:

biker1L_468x351.jpg

Clearly that image is from America and all those vehicles are legally overtaking an invisible car! :lol:

It's the same on the Cat & Fiddle, idiots overtaking on white lines=Road deaths

The Cat & Fiddle is the most dangerous road in the UK. Cheshire Police now monitor it using their fixed winged aircraft, break the law, overtake on white lines, speed etc, and expect a summons in the post, quite rightly in my opinion

Kingo :thumbsup:

These people are all mental fools and i dont want them to kill me :help:

You can over take when there are double white lines, but you mustn’t cross them.

:thumbsup:

These examples are overtakes when fully crossing onto the wrong side of the road over the solid whites which are on both sides!!!

The Cat & Fiddle is the most dangerous road in the UK. Cheshire Police now monitor it using their fixed winged aircraft, break the law, overtake on white lines, speed etc, and expect a summons in the post, quite rightly in my opinion

thats a great road except for the organ donors on motorbikes

thats a great road except for the organ donors on motorbikes

Truely epic :)

I have been to the North West 4x there and back this week and for me it involves going over the Woodhead Pass, for those who don’t know it, the road is 15 miles of tight bends and short straights with mostly double white lines. It is the shorter way to get from Sheffield to Manchester as going up to and over the M62 adds about 40 miles to the trip. As you can imagine this road is very busy with Trucks, Cars and even suicidal Cyclists!!

Anyway, on each day there have been 3 or 4 occasions were impatient fools have been overtaking on solid white lines, I thought this was the last rule not to be broken on the road, sadly it appears to have gone :( As I do 50,000 miles per annum I feel more at risk than usual :eek:

The below is a good example, but the ones i saw involved cars and vans:

biker1L_468x351.jpg

I went over the Woodhead Pass following the recent TOC camp (I visited my son in Glossop after the camp)

I was amazed at the number of total idiots that were prepared to overtake blindly crossing the solid white lines on that stretch of road.

Some folk really must have a death wish :angry: .......................but I do not want them to take me with them :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links