Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water In My Footwel

SCUBA STEVE

Hi all, i have a slight problem, My gen 6 celica windows all steamed up the other day and now it would seem the fairys have installed a swimming pool in my passenger footwell? Anyone shed any light on the subject?

Thanks

Scuba-steve

Are you sure it's water and not coolant?

( dip your fingertip in it and taste it - if it's sickly sweet it's coolant ).

What with the windows steaming up it sounds like it could well be a leaky heater matrix.

Well i don't fancy tastin it to be honest, its a greasy like oily fluid and my windows only de mist with the air con on and on re-circulate?

check your coolant levels then.

OR, mop it up and take the car for a spin ( after checking the levels ). Get the engine warm and see if the footwell liquid is warm. If so then it's a coolant leak.

It's a dash out job to replace the matrix - not that hard, but massively time consuming.

Good luck

Coolant levels are a bit low, you think a tin of rad weld would suffice as a quick fix if i'm wanting to get rid?

Scuba steve

Just for informaion really, as your prob sounds like matrix leak.

I've had a gen 6 celica for 4 months and in theat time have had to bail out the drivers footwell twice. The flooding happened after heavy downpours with the front of the car facing down hill. After lots of head scratching it turned out the water was coming in around the air vent in the grill in front of the front window. Managed to get a hand in and apply lots of sealant and haven't had a flood since.

Hi,

Had the same problem myself... well, it was two seperate problems actually.

1. First problem was that i had a hole in the boot rubber seal. I parked my car on a hill pointing down and noticed my footwell was full of water the day after a down poor! £98 quid later from MR T and i had a new seal around the boot. The previouse owner possibly snagged it on something, but not quite sure what happened. All good now though.

2. My heater matrix packed in. Replaced it myself. Straight forward job but it takes AGES!!!! Put aside a weekend if attempting to replace this yourself. I would also use a cam corder to note what screws and fixings have come from where, this is essential if you want any hope of putting everything back correctly.

I noticed my matrix had gone when the windscreen misted and i couldn't get rid of the mist with the blowers on. I also noticed a sweet smell from the air vents when the heater was switched on. Funnily enough i DIDN'T have any water collecting in the footwell BUT i do know this can be a symptom.

If you need any more info give me a shout, i'd be happy to help.

• 1 month later...

Hi pab99,

Very interesting - I have a similar problem in a toyota Rav4. I have a puddle of water in my driver footwell everyday after any rain... I always park it facing downhill on the drive which has a sharp incline on it.. Do you think it's because it is facing downhill that the problem is arising? How can I fix it?

Really annoying!

• 5 months later...

iv got this prob which has only started on my celica l reg to, my partner noticed last night was a big pool, but when i went to pick me dad up the windows all steamed up with this nasty smell hahaha side blowers were warm but middle one stayed cold, my engine went right near the red but was fine on slow driving :(

Hi had this problem too, kept getting a wet patch and damp smell when it rained.

Turned out to be a large rubber grommet had fallen out under the drivers foot well.

Had bare carpet showing under the car :o God knows why theres a whopping great

hole in the floor in the first place, weird.

• 12 years later...

Mine was sunroof drain pipe it had come loose and water was going down the A post. Check by opening sunroof and gently pour water near the drain hole

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links