Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carbon Fibre?

Paul Gi

Whilst having my usual fanny-about through the forums (as i have no social life, i have to improvise unfortunately :( ) i noticed through the Envy Performance Forum that there is a carbon fibre company called Seibon Carbon who specialize in both wet and dry carbon fibre automotive items...

In their FAQ part of the website, there's a question that asks "Do you make custom parts for my car?" and the reply was the following: -

"We are able to make most parts in carbon fiber. We are interested in custom jobs in the form of special orders with a minimum quantity of 20 items. If you would like to obtain more information, you can email to info@seiboncarbon.com"

Now i'm certainly willing to put forward an idea to this company to see what they could possibly offer us... I was thinking about starting off with some basic, small items such as: -

CF Gearknobs

CF Wing Mirror Units or even CF Caps/Shells

CF Fuel Flap

CF Induction Kit

Something small, light and inexpensive to manufacturer (from Seibon's point of view) and to buy (from OUR point of view)

Once enough demand has been catered for you could even move onto the more juicier and, potentially increased weight saving areas such as: -

CF Bonnet

CF Doors

CF Wings

CF Rear Silencer

CF TTE Front Spats or CF Toyota Corner Spoiler Splitters

CF TTE Side Skirts

CF TTE Rear Skirt

CF TTE Rear Spoiler or CF Toyota Rear Spoiler

CF Airbox/Intake Manifold Assembly

CF Front Lip Spoiler

CF Strut Braces

CF Radiator Panel

CF Roof

I mean the possibilities are endless and also some are more probable than others - the obvious main hiccup is that Seibon require a minimum order of 20 units before they will manufacturer... Plus we don't even know about item costs let alone shipping costs as well. Now to keep costs down i would recommend wet carbon which will keep prices down and have a glossy-like finish on it...

Anyone interested? I'll put my name down for an Induction Kit and Fuel Flap to start off with (doubt this will spark enough interest but here's to having a Plucky Brit attitude!)

1. Paul Gi - Induction Kit (definate) & Fuel Flap (maybe)

Have to say I like the idea, but am undecided on what I would want in CF. Big fan of CF inside the car but unsure for the outside, although a CF bonnet does give a good contrast but maybe doesnt suit an aygo.

How would a CF induction kit be different to a standard one if you dont mind me asking? Just any metal parts of the standard kit replaced with CF?

Have to say I like the idea, but am undecided on what I would want in CF. Big fan of CF inside the car but unsure for the outside, although a CF bonnet does give a good contrast but maybe doesnt suit an aygo.

How would a CF induction kit be different to a standard one if you dont mind me asking? Just any metal parts of the standard kit replaced with CF?

Yes and No Zaaro - we would still need metal piping going from the throttle body to an ideal location within the engine bay however what i was thinking was an enclosed induction kit however there is a similar product on the market made by BMC...

Either that or make a custom Cold Air Intake where all the pipe work is made from Carbon Fibre... The problem i have is trying to obtain the necessary lengths, measurements and dimensions of the pipework, other than that it's plain sailing :)

Like i said in order to get 20 definates i would like to start with something that a) the majority of owners would want, B) that said majority can afford and c) the same again majority can fit with little problems

Carbon panel witH Aygo embossed on it to sit where the air filter would be for when I change the Airfilter for an induction Kit.

How about making those corner protectors on the bumpers out of carbon fibre? They simply clip into place

How about making those corner protectors on the bumpers out of carbon fibre? They simply clip into place

oooh I like that idea

or I want a bonnet :D

I have fake carbon fibre door handles :P

eeer polite bump :blink:

I want carbon fibre :lol:

and also can put on 107oc to get more intrest if want ;)

Hmmm for the Remus Exhausts then yeah i would say go ahead because the part is compatible with all city bugs (107, C1 & Aygo) however stuff like bonnets and spoilers and Fuel Flaps they're pretty Aygo-specific and as such Seibon will want 20 orders of the same product not a mix 'n' match...

We can certainly put forward our case for an Induction Kit Blanking Plate however i'll have to wait until Slag off the 107oc makes my Carbon Kevlar item and delivers it (once i paid him obviously) and other stuff like Mirror Cap Shells and Induction Kit for example...

We can certainly put forward our case for an Induction Kit Blanking Plate however i'll have to wait until Slag off the 107oc makes my Carbon Kevlar item and delivers it (once i paid him obviously) and other stuff like Mirror Cap Shells and Induction Kit for example...

I'm doing same, waiting for Slag to get back. :o

aaah good point! I suppose it depends what we decided to order, or have we decided? :blink: its early and I need a cup of tea

or is Slags order coming of this :unsure: I am getting confused now, its not difficult :lol:

SJx

Little bump for this mainly due to the fact that i recently just found out that Seibon are in fact based in the US and getting parts over here will be a pain in the ***** SO i will divert my future CF requests to a company called Carbon Mods (courtesy of adilmon for posting links of various CF accessories)

At this moment in time i'm not in a rush for anything major (i.e. a bonnet mainly) however if folks are eager enough for it and start putting their names down for this then i too will add my name and put the request in...

• 3 years later...

id like a bonnet for sure!!!!! whats happening in this thread its gone dead????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links