Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Typhoon

Demo_202

Ok my final question on the matter, honest!

How did we all do it?

I was thinking of using

http://i20.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/19/08/24_1_b.JPG

or

http://www.grendle.co.uk/pics/terminalblocks.gif

Sorry about the pics, best I could find.

Im no electrician so opinion is welcome.

Thanks!

Ps. A big thanks to Norfolk who I pm'd early while I was fitting the typhoon. Very helpful chap so cheers

Ps. A big thanks to Norfolk who I pm'd early while I was fitting the typhoon. Very helpful chap so cheers

:thumbsup:

Still think you should've got the A'PEXi tho! :lol:

Gaz your Apexi obsession is boarding on Flexy's Camry one :lol::lol: ;)

Have you actually really gained any power from the Apexi? Or are you just imagining that you have coz it roars lol

Cheers H :thumbsup:

Gaz your Apexi obsession is boarding on Flexy's Camry one :lol::lol: ;)

:o Hadn't realised i was getting as bad as Flexy! :(

Although at least my obsession is with something decent! :lol:

Have you actually really gained any power from the Apexi? Or are you just imagining that you have coz it roars lol

Cheers H :thumbsup:

Dunno, it certainly feels quicker.

If the Rolling Road day ever happens i'm tempted to put the standard airbox back on so i can have a proper comparison

I agree with Flexy, i mean Gaz :P

More low down torque and power on lift defiantly :thumbsup:

If the Rolling Road day ever happens i'm tempted to put the standard airbox back on so i can have a proper comparison

I definitely think that you and someone with a typhoon should turn up with the stock box fittted and have them rr and then switch to the Typhoon/A'PEXi and rr them again. That might finally settle the debate between the 2 as you will be rr on the same machine on the same day and both copmparing oe with aftermarket.

I guess technically, Gaz should rr his 3 times (OE, A'PEXi and then steal a Typhoon too) as that would give a truly flat benchmark.

I guess technically, Gaz should rr his 3 times (OE, A'PEXi and then steal a Typhoon too) as that would give a truly flat benchmark.

Well Awsome GTI give 3 runs on the day so that would be possible if someone could lend me a Typhoon! :lol:

Well Awsome GTI give 3 runs on the day so that would be possible if someone could lend me a Typhoon! :lol:

If it does go ahead then there will be T-Sports with all 3 Setups, that should give a fair set of results.

Anybody wanna find out the BHP before lift then? I know its been done with the Type R boys

I would guess about 120-130 at 6k RPM, would the rolling road show this? I guess it would.

While were on this, did someone say you could buy a wire extension from Mr T?

Cheers

Read my earlier reply, the old thread has part numbers in it, if you don’t wish to do what i did, just cut the little black wire off the plug then add a bit more wire in and reattach.

Cheers

Read my earlier reply, the old thread has part numbers in it, if you don't wish to do what i did, just cut the little black wire off the plug then add a bit more wire in and reattach.

I did read it sorry but was thinking that was something different. What were the parts you got? Just extra wire?

Cheers

Cheers

Read my earlier reply, the old thread has part numbers in it, if you don't wish to do what i did, just cut the little black wire off the plug then add a bit more wire in and reattach.

I did read it sorry but was thinking that was something different. What were the parts you got? Just extra wire?

Cheers

New Plug, Internals (terminals etc) & Wires. The job looks great, i will post a picture later, note: I had to purchase a new Plug as mine was dodgy internally from when the wire snapped. So you probably only need the wires themselves, I had all the wires extended so this problem will defiantly not return :thumbsup:

Pic would be excellent cheers. Ive taken mine back off so i dont destroy the wires.

Ps. For anybody fitting one, i dont know about everyone else but the online manual was far superior to the one in the box

Ps. For anybody fitting one, i dont know about everyone else but the online manual was far superior to the one in the box

Can second that! K&N's online manuals are spot on, used one to install mine! :thumbsup:

The A'PEXi ones were in Japanese! :lol:

Pics below are before and after the repair:

Underthebonnet.jpg

xx.jpg

Copyofxxx.jpg

As you can see the plug has changed along with the wires

So the plug came with new wires and you had then soldered to your existing?

Since mine isnt broken I guess the best bet is just to get an electrician to extend the cables a tad

Cheers for the help

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links