Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Or Avensis

MLJ

Hi People,

I have come here for some advise.

I currently have to order my company car tomorrow at the latest and need some help deciding, the choices are

Auris 2.0 d4d T spirit or Avensis 2.2 or 2.0 d4d TR spec. I will get taxed on these but will not have to pay additional contributions.

Currently I have a corolla estate 2005 T3 2.o d4d, and already have tomtom sat nav

Im really interest in MPG for both vehicles as I will have to claim company miles back, anything used for private will of course be paid by myself

2.0 13 pence per mile

2.2 17 pence per mile

Currently Im getting 41mpg average per tank in the corolla

I do around 25k per year less than 10K company miles, not all on motor ways as I live in Birmingham most of my driving is stop and start.

I had a 4 day test drive of the auris sr 180 and thought it was a nice sporty car but the suspension was way too hard and fidgety on motorways, not sure what the t spirit drives like and do not have any time to test drive as im currently out of the country until tomorrow.

Iam after a vehicle which has light controls, easy to drive and is soft / soaks up the bumps with little wind and tyre noise for the long journeys, as I will be stuck with the car for 3 years it’s a big decision even though I don’t have to buy it out of my own money.

By the way im 27 and not a boy racer

Please help !

If you do 10k business miles per annum the 2.2d Avensis will allow you to claim £400 more in fuel than the others:

Avensis 2.2d P11d £ Mthly 145 or 73, MPG 47 - YOU 39

Avensis 2.0d P11d £ Mthly 136 or 68, MPG 49 - YOU 41

Auris 2.0d P11d £ Mthly 106 or 53, MPG 52 - YOU 44

Corolla 2.0d P11d £ Mthly 112 or 56, MPG 49 - YOU 41

Cant say for your choice of drive, but financially/fun if it was me the Avensis 2.2d is a no brainer!

The extra P11d will be offset by the additional money reclaimed as business miles at the EMAP rates.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

I do 50k per annum and am in the same boat re P11d & reclaiming fuel.

Aren't Toyota coming out with a new Avensis next year. Don't know your circumstances but it might be worth waiting either to get a new style Avensis, or get a good deal on the old shape?

Or just go for the Auris...

Just a thought...

Ciao.

Tough one as current avensis is being phased out

Shame you can't wait till Jan 2009 for a new avensis. That will a comfortable long distance cruiser.

Tough one as current avensis is being phased out

Shame you can't wait till Jan 2009 for a new avensis. That will a comfortable long distance cruiser.

There is probably a lot of manafacturer support behind the old car at moment (to shift them), the 09 model wont have any, this would explain why an Auris and Avensis are offered at the same point. :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links