Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lift - Compressor

jamie.ross

Hi All,

Since i have sorted the pinking noise from my beloved Compressor and started using 98RON instead of the crappy 95RON that was in the tank when i bought it, the lift is not as noticable now with Super Unleaded, its just a continuous blast of power from low RPM. Anyone else out there with a Compressor noticed the same?

I had a Type R before and it was more noticable when you hit the V-Tec part.

Cheers!

Lift in the compressors doesn't feel as punchy because you have the constant power of the S/C. It kicks in about 5400RPM, If you try to do it carefully you'll probably notice it more.

does my head in this because i've always used Shell v power in mine an done the ecu reset not long after gettin it, an sometimes i can really feel lift kickin in and sometimes i get the same as you just a smooth constant pull, lift comes in at 5200rpm

wot was the pinkering noise you had?

does my head in this because i've always used shell v power in mine an done the ecu reset not long after gettin it, an sometimes i can really feel lift kickin in and sometimes i get the same as you just a smooth constant pull, lift comes in at 5200rpm

It was because the car had been run on normal unleaded. Only happened when putting the boot down in low RPM and the engine made a funky Pinking noise. All sorted now tho after filling her up with Shell V-Power!

does my head in this because i've always used shell v power in mine an done the ecu reset not long after gettin it, an sometimes i can really feel lift kickin in and sometimes i get the same as you just a smooth constant pull, lift comes in at 5200rpm

Another question, i am looking to order an Apexi air filter for the Compressor, per recommendation by a couple of fellow members, but the Company im buying it from is asking if the standard air box is the same on the T-Sport as the Compressor?

Or can you recommend anything else?

Cheers!

Hi All,

Since i have sorted the pinking noise from my beloved Compressor and started using 98RON instead of the crappy 95RON that was in the tank when i bought it, the lift is not as noticable now with Super Unleaded, its just a continuous blast of power from low RPM. Anyone else out there with a Compressor noticed the same?

Cheers!

hi.

u said u have type-r befor how u fell the ts or type-r who is the best

vtec or VVTLI ? TRUE

take cear

Hi All,

Cheers!

hi.

vtec or VVTLI ? TRUE

take cear

Hi,

Yea the Type R is definitely a HARDCORE car, no luxuries, no traction control (Which is quite scary in the snow), It is also a little quicker top end than the Compressor, but the corolla is a far better built car and you get a supercharger on it too :D .

cheers

Another question, i am looking to order an Apexi air filter for the Compressor, per recommendation by a couple of fellow members, but the Company im buying it from is asking if the standard air box is the same on the T-Sport as the Compressor?

Or can you recommend anything else?

Cheers!

yeah mate the air box is same on compressor as t sport, i went for the K+N typhoon kit on mine

Hi All,

Cheers!

hi.

vtec or VVTLI ? TRUE

take cear

Hi,

Yea the Type R is definitely a HARDCORE car, no luxuries, no traction control (Which is quite scary in the snow), It is also a little quicker top end than the Compressor, but the corolla is a far better built car and you get a supercharger on it too :D .

cheers

hi.

i want to b have type-r but.i dont find good one i dont know about type-r but i like very much type-r one of my friend have ts facelift he said this alos good car but you try both of cars know if u have choise u will go type-r of TS?

It was because the car had been run on normal unleaded. Only happened when putting the boot down in low RPM and the engine made a funky Pinking noise. All sorted now tho after filling her up with Shell V-Power!

It takes a few tanks for the ecu to sort itself out as it 'learns' the octane you use and how you drive it. after the third refill, you'll feel the difference.

I contacted TTE re lift on the compressor a while back and according to them it comes in at 4800k. I have a Power FC on mine so its been set to 4800k and when I slowly accelerate I can feel the changeover ever so slightly and can hear the change in sound, although the engine is right behind my ears so its probably more noticeable than in the front.

If you dont notice anything at all, as you are still using the stock ECU try resetting the ECU (search on here for info) with the 98ron fuel in and try again. The stock ECU has knock detection and where it notices more knock it swaps to the basic 'safe' map. By adding 98ron and resetting it, it swaps back to the performance map.

I contacted TTE re lift on the compressor a while back and according to them it comes in at 4800k. I have a Power FC on mine so its been set to 4800k and when I slowly accelerate I can feel the changeover ever so slightly and can hear the change in sound, although the engine is right behind my ears so its probably more noticeable than in the front.

If you dont notice anything at all, as you are still using the stock ECU try resetting the ECU (search on here for info) with the 98ron fuel in and try again. The stock ECU has knock detection and where it notices more knock it swaps to the basic 'safe' map. By adding 98ron and resetting it, it swaps back to the performance map.

is that on the road now mate the mr2 compressor???

Sure is :D

The write up in on the MR2 Roadster Owners Club site here http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22251

Its stupidly quick as it is, but would benefit from a dyno tune as its running a tad rich in parts to stop any det issues and the timings been pulled back a bit for safety as it was mapped on the road so its not 100%. Also im only getting about 22mpg(!!)

I would have posted it here but until I have figures of what a PowerFC can get on a Compressor, I guess its of not much interest...

Because its in an mr2 a typhoon wont fit, so I am going for a blitz sonic induction kit (with headshield) and I'm going to run it with custom piping to behind the Battery, which is the coolest part of the engine bay right next to the left air intake.

Rather paying to get it dyno mapped right away (prob another 400), I'm going to get an Aquamist meth/water injection set up, which should see considerable gains, and going to have it set up all in one go in a month or two. Will post when I have figures ;)

Sure is :D

The write up in on the MR2 Roadster Owners Club site here http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22251

Its stupidly quick as it is, but would benefit from a dyno tune as its running a tad rich in parts to stop any det issues and the timings been pulled back a bit for safety as it was mapped on the road so its not 100%. Also im only getting about 22mpg(!!)

I would have posted it here but until I have figures of what a PowerFC can get on a Compressor, I guess its of not much interest...

Because its in an mr2 a typhoon wont fit, so I am going for a blitz sonic induction kit (with headshield) and I'm going to run it with custom piping to behind the Battery, which is the coolest part of the engine bay right next to the left air intake.

Rather paying to get it dyno mapped right away (prob another 400), I'm going to get an Aquamist meth/water injection set up, which should see considerable gains, and going to have it set up all in one go in a month or two. Will post when I have figures ;)

sounds cool!!!!!! anychance your goin the jap show at santa pod next month????

yeah i only get bout 21mpg in my compressor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links