Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cosmetic Mods

celica140sport

hi all

i want to do some little mods to my gen 7 140 (cosmetic wise) just something that makes it stand out from the rest. i have the sport pack so it all ready stands out abit. so i was thinking them eye lids ? my celica is chilli red (best colour in my opinion) do the eye lids effect the re-sell value much? and ive seen a few different types on eye lids on eBay from like £20 to £50 not sure which ones to get. can some 1 point me in the right direction thanks :D

hi all

i want to do some little mods to my gen 7 140 (cosmetic wise) just something that makes it stand out from the rest. i have the sport pack so it all ready stands out abit. so i was thinking them eye lids ? my celica is chilli red (best colour in my opinion) do the eye lids effect the re-sell value much? and ive seen a few different types on eye lids on ebay from like £20 to £50 not sure which ones to get. can some 1 point me in the right direction thanks :D

imo i dont like the eye lids, but you can get them removed when you sell your car as they are only stuck down.

Personally i have painted the inside plastic of my headlights black.

yea i was up half the night reading threads on the eye lids and all the different mods that can be done. ive ordered the c shaped eye lids only £20 i think they look the best. and as u said if i dont like or when i sell i can just remove them. think im finally getting the modding bug now lol

i brought the c shaped eye lids but im unsure on how they fit on. its asif the body work is stopping me from fitting it. where about do i place the tape? any help much appreiciated

well i just slapped them on using the tape dont feel very stable thou but hey they stay on at high speeds lol heres a photo tell me what u think

post-53384-1221431855_thumb.jpg

Honest opinion, take them off or hope they fall off at speed!! You have successfully paid to make your car look worse than it did when it was made lmfao

You've got a lovely car mate why spoil it, sometimes things are best left alone.

and what is that Badge about on the front bumper, get it off!

Hey man, it's your car, so do what you think is good, but personally, I wouldn't have them on my car. Sorry.

like the car it looks clean and tidy but sorry if your gonna have the eyelids get a better fitting set they look like there just slapped on and your spoiling your car imo :D

What happens when you have to put oil in it?? Looks like they will be ripped off as soon as you open the bonnett. I think this one is as baffling as Lexus lights to me, the mind boggles!

no bonnent opens and closes fine without touching them. they are abit of an off fit thou tbh and litterly are slapped on. from a distance they do look the part only from up close ill admit they do look abit odd. lets just say 5rpm 6th gear still staying on. well back to my orignal question what can i do instead of eye lids then? as ive failed miserably here lol

no bonnent opens and closes fine without touching them. they are abit of an off fit thou tbh and litterly are slapped on. from a distance they do look the part only from up close ill admit they do look abit odd. lets just say 5rpm 6th gear still staying on. well back to my orignal question what can i do instead of eye lids then? as ive failed miserably here lol

Paint the insides plastic bits:

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

Thats a more tasteful mod, the kind of mod that you can tell its different but you cant quite put your finger on whats been changed. I think people can be lazy when it comes to modding cars, sticking a bit of plastic to your car with double-sided tape makes your car stand out but for the wrong reasons. A bit like women that catch your eye, Good from far but far from good!

You've got a roll of tape in your door admit it!! lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links