Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie Questions

Garry.L

After many months of searching for a Rav4.2, managed to get an 01GX of the right condition/history/miles and spec this week........ so a few newbie type questions.

1: Load cover. how much and where from - or is it just a flea-bay/breakers jobbie?.

2: Roof Bars. Car came with roof bars which I won't use, so is it worth selling these or keeping them with the car for when I sell it on?.

3: Privacy Glass. worthwhile addition or will I just look like a drug dealer?...

TIA

Will post some pic's over the weekend. :)

Hi garry - welcome to TOC :D

1. Is it a 3-Door or 5-Door? Don't think the 3-Doors came with a load cover? 5-Door cover from usual sources as you said (plus Dealer as well, of course)

2. Talking about the bars running along the car or the cross-bars attaching across to each bar? If the first, never seen a 4.2 without them, if the latter, there will be plenty of people interested in buying them

3. Drug Dealer ;) up to you, mate :D - lots of people like it. Personally, I don't like black out rears and clear front - too unbalanced. Big Red has, IMO, the best example of privacy glass (see the post from Snowy3 about this question)

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry791761

Hi garry - welcome to TOC :D

1. Is it a 3-Door or 5-Door? Don't think the 3-Doors came with a load cover? 5-Door cover from usual sources as you said (plus Dealer as well, of course)

2. Talking about the bars running along the car or the cross-bars attaching across to each bar? If the first, never seen a 4.2 without them, if the latter, there will be plenty of people interested in buying them

3. Drug Dealer ;) up to you, mate :D - lots of people like it. Personally, I don't like black out rears and clear front - too unbalanced. Big Red has, IMO, the best example of privacy glass (see the post from Snowy3 about this question)

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry791761

Cheers Hoovie. :thumbsup:

Sorry, yes it's the cross bars and it's a 5 door.

I tend to agree with you TBH about the privacy glass but thought it may have looked OK as our Rav is Black...

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I interpret your comment that you want to look like a drug dealer? Or do you look like one already and just want to be recognised?

And I can confirm that even up here, the druggy dealers drive around in large 4x4s with blackened windows (windies); act like thugs; and kill people! Those I have seen don't drive RAVs though. I guess its pretty similar down your way, so blackening your RAV won't tarnish yer image. Unless you want to be seen as a dealer that is! :P

I interpret your comment that you want to look like a drug dealer? Or do you look like one already and just want to be recognised?

And I can confirm that even up here, the druggy dealers drive around in large 4x4s with blackened windows (windies); act like thugs; and kill people! Those I have seen don't drive RAVs though. I guess its pretty similar down your way, so blackening your RAV won't tarnish yer image. Unless you want to be seen as a dealer that is! :P

I also own a VX220 (2 seater converable) and laugh at the "Hairdresser" comments..

My Wife did own a Mini and used to find it most amusing when people thought she was an Estate agent..

An MX5 owning mate gets a right giggle everytime someone comes out with the usual "!Removed!" comment.

Our next door but 2 neighbour has a old Shogun and LOL at the "Pikey" comments...

Maybe it's just our sense of humour eh?....... :rolleyes:

I prefer to just laugh at the people broken down because they didn't buy Japanese - especially if they have a BMW (I should say apologies to BMW drivers, but I won't :D )

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links