Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speaker Measures

rave

Does anyone knows the Speakers Measures front and rear for RAV 4.2 (5 doors)???, so i can buy them aftermarket, are they 16 or 13 ???? Thanks.

I *think* they are 16 in the front.

I think there are a few posts on here and definately on RAV4World about replacing these - you have to do the fronts in a specific way to avoid the speaker fouling the door glass (or more easily, buy low-profile slim Speakers designed for door mounting in this situation)

And here's a good explanation of how to get at them

I'm going to have a go at this myself in my better half's 4.2 so will be looking for some that are direct replacement, rather than have to build out with spacers.

And here's a good explanation of how to get at them

I'm going to have a go at this myself in my better half's 4.2 so will be looking for some that are direct replacement, rather than have to build out with spacers.

If you find any, please send me the reference and model, thanks.

Still i`m not shore if the front and rear have the same dimension?????

If I were you, Rave, I'd probably take the trim off and measure the dimensions (including depth) before I ordered any replacement Speakers. There's no substitute to actually seeing what is installed. It's a bit of a pain but might well be worth it in the long run

PS A very nice Portuguese company (Martifer) is currently installing the cladding ("envelope") to my shiny new terminal building

Phil's unclepips site is very handy for lots of stuff indeed :thumbsup:

If you want to to fit without making mods to deal with extra depth, Alpine have a very extensive range including slimline jobs with small but powerful magnets (I am sure other companies like Pioneer also do) - I'll also be tackling this job fairly soon :)

If I were you, Rave, I'd probably take the trim off and measure the dimensions (including depth) before I ordered any replacement Speakers. There's no substitute to actually seeing what is installed. It's a bit of a pain but might well be worth it in the long run

PS A very nice Portuguese company (Martifer) is currently installing the cladding ("envelope") to my shiny new terminal building

Martifer is BIG, is on the top 20 (psi20) Lisbon stock exchange, you are in good hands.

I have replaced my Speakers without using any additional spacers. I just used the original spleakers as spacers...

If you've never opened the inside door cover, then let me explain... I'm foreign, so my english might not be proper.

330px-SpkFrontCutawayView.svg.png

1. Remove the door cover as explained here

2. Cut out and remove the diaphragm

3. Use a small and thin saw to remove the spokes that holds the permanent magnet. It's plastic, so this part is fairly easy.

Now you have a perfect spacer that can hold a 6.5 inch speaker, and the best part is that these spacers have tags for the leads. They are also quite deep, so you can mount speaker with a big magnet.

I can recommend using component Speakers in the front. But component Speakers are not recommended with the original stereo, as there is no way of adjusting the treble to a normal volume... I placed my tweeters just behind the side rear view mirrors. In the back, I placed some coax speakers. If I fade the sound back, then the sound is not nearly as nice as in the front. The separate tweeters do the whole difference.

By the way, if you follow Pips' instructions, then you might loose a lot of base, since the spacers he use is not air tight. The longer the air must move, the better the bass is created.

fspk2sm.jpg

Not good :(

spk1sm.jpg

Good, with new speaker of course :)

By the way, if you follow Pips' instructions, then you might loose a lot of base, since the spacers he use is not air tight. The longer the air must move, the better the bass is created.

fspk2sm.jpg

spk1sm.jpg

Very nice tip St Thicket!!! Can you confirm their are both 6.5 Inch ? front and rear? thanks

fspk2sm.jpg

spk1sm.jpg

Very nice tip St Thicket!!! Can you confirm their are both 6.5 Inch ? front and rear? thanks

Yes, I can confirm that there is room for 6.5 inch both in front and rear doors. The Speakers are identical.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links