Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Is A Celica's Sony Wx-c570r Car Stereo Removed?

Audiofile

Lots of people must have done this, but it's not obvious how it's removed. It has a grey plate around the outside of the stereo which doesn't want to budge.

Can someone please describe how it is removed?

Cheers I'd appreciate it. By the way, I'm try to run a line out from the back to an iPhone.

Hi, I had to remove that headunit from my Avensis to replace it. Basically as far as I can remember it is actually clipped into the metal frame surrounding the unit itself, there are 4 of them, 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom, the bottom ones are bigger so try to remove from the top first, then the bottom. You have to push down the top of the surround about a third of the way in from the vertical edges, (GENTLY), it is quite fragile!!! Once you have the top out the bottom ones are so large they are almost like a hinge.

I have to say that I didn't know all this when taking mine out so I ended up breaking it, but seeing as I was replacing mine, it wasn't a problem...... So please be careful, it is very brittle! Just remember, it is clipped to the surround of the unit, not the unit itself, and start at the top and gently push down and out.

I hope this helps, and good luck...... :thumbsup:

Errr... Sorry Makiwa, but thats complete rubbish for the Celica. Do a search in the Celica section of this forum for "stereo removal" - I've posted on this many times.

QUOTE- "I had to remove that headunit from my Avensis to replace it. Basically as far as I can remember it is actually clipped into the metal frame surrounding the unit itself" -

It could well be rubbish! - But if you had read what I said correctly you would have noticed that I was referring to an AVENSIS! I was presuming that because it was the same model Unit, it would have the same surround, which it would have because that IS the only surround that Unit comes with! If it's different, it's because it doesn't belong to the Unit, but belongs to the vehicle, of which I have no idea because my Celica already has a single Din conversion in it.

Anyway, I was only trying to help the chap out, and if I was wrong on my assumption (description) then surely it is up to him to inform me I am wrong considering he owns the car, and not for you to presume to tell me that I'm talking 'complete rubbish'!

If I am wrong, I am wrong, for which I can only apologise to Audiofile.

Now you can shove 'that' where the Sun don't shine! :laughing:

Oooo, we could go on forever mis-reading then...

Sorry Makiwa, but thats complete rubbish for the Celica

The reason I cut in is that if he were to follow your advice, then he'd break his centre console. Its good of you to offer advice, but bad advice can worse than no advice at all. Anyways, its only the internet, why get worked up? Back to topic...

This should help! http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=Stereo+Removal It covers stereo removal over and over again if I remember correctly!!

Oooo, we could go on forever mis-reading then...
Sorry Makiwa, but thats complete rubbish for the Celica

The reason I cut in is that if he were to follow your advice, then he'd break his centre console. Its good of you to offer advice, but bad advice can worse than no advice at all. Anyways, its only the internet, why get worked up? Back to topic...

This should help! http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...=Stereo+Removal It covers stereo removal over and over again if I remember correctly!!

Wow that's certainly a convoluted way of getting to the stereo. Cheers for your advise guys. Makiwa, at least you learnt something from trying to help...

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links