Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod Help Please

clareforbes

Does anybody know how I can play my ipod through the stereo without using an itrip, so it's actually plugged in? I haven't got a c.d changer just an average c.d player on the stereo. I didn't think to ask for an ipod converter as I thought they came as standard. Any help?

I have got the ipod adapter from Ipod adapter and then had to get a part from toyota. Its what they use to add a cdchanger to the standard cd player. I have got the part number if you need it.

Its great to have the ipod playing through the standard cd player. It also charges the ipod and lets you change tracks and volume with the steering wheel remote.

• 4 weeks later...

So do you need an extra Toyota part in order to use this Xcarlink cable?? Does the ipod cable not fit just by itself??

How much is the Toyota part btw?

Hi there.

How about trying one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-LCD-Wireless-FM-...id=p3286.c0.m14

I bought one for a friends son recently and it works a treat.The good things about it is that it will work with any type of mp3 player, not just an ipod and you can use it in someone elses car as it is fully portable.

The downsides are that it won't charge your player and you'll need to use the players controls (for changing tracks etc) but it will play your music thru' your car stereo.

I've used one in the past that wasn't as good as this type.So if you are thinking about one , make sure it is the LCD version.

The one I ordered, came from Hong Kong and I received it within a week.Also the same thing in Asda retails at £16 and it doesn't (as far as I know) come with a car power adaptor, although you won't use it as it takes batteries and they last for quite a while.

Just go on to eBay and type in "FM transmitter LCD" to see others.

I hope this helps as it might be a lot cheaper than getting an ipod connector fitted.

All the best.

Dave

Howdy, the toyota part was about £25, yes you can use it without the toyota part, but you cant use any of the controls on the dash or the steering wheel. Hope that help. pm if u have any more questions

• 1 month later...
Howdy, the toyota part was about £25, yes you can use it without the toyota part, but you cant use any of the controls on the dash or the steering wheel. Hope that help. pm if u have any more questions

Hi,

I would like to add a decent ipod connection to my phase 2 yaris. What are the details of the Toyota part you had to get?

Cheers.

Hi The part number is 08695-00260 it is basicaly a y cable to split the input controls from one into 2. It is what is used for the cd multi changer. should be just over £20 from Mr T. You will then need the Ipod adapter as well.

Hope this helps. I love mine.

Hi The part number is 08695-00260 it is basicaly a y cable to split the input controls from one into 2. It is what is used for the cd multi changer. should be just over £20 from Mr T. You will then need the Ipod adapter as well.

Hope this helps. I love mine.

Will any ipod adaptor work with the Y cable?

£70 seems a bit steep thats all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links