Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Noise

lindsey58

Hi everyone,

I've had my auris less than 2 weeks and its booked in at the garage all ready. Every time I break I get a high pitch squeak. Toyota are saying they have had a couple of new cars with the same problem. Just wondered if anyone else has had this and what it is?

Thanks

Lindsey

Hi everyone,

I've had my auris less than 2 weeks and its booked in at the garage all ready. Every time I break I get a high pitch squeak. Toyota are saying they have had a couple of new cars with the same problem. Just wondered if anyone else has had this and what it is?

Thanks

Lindsey

Hi,

yes that was common problem with some new cars. Doesn't affect your security or break power and can be easily sorted by Toyota garage. Search the forum.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Lindsey

Hi,

yes that was common problem with some new cars. Doesn't affect your security or break power and can be easily sorted by Toyota garage. Search the forum.

Dear Lindsey

I have my Auris from November 2007 and it took to August 2008 to solve this problem.

So be patient

Rgds,

Farmer ***** :( :angry:

Yes the subject of Auris squeaky brakes has been done to death. Your dealer will be able sort this out for you quite easily Take a LOOK AT THIS thread

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey, et all,

Had my Auris TR two weeks this Friday and brakes have been squeaking from the second day. I intended doing a 100 or so miles to see if the noise stopped, however from what you saying I had better get mine booked in.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards,

UK-Kev

I've done almost 700 miles now in my new SR and I've got a few squeaks, but nothing too bad. It seems to be a common problem with new Toyota's, my previous Corolla did it, as did my parents Avensis.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey, et all,

Had my Auris TR two weeks this Friday and brakes have been squeaking from the second day. I intended doing a 100 or so miles to see if the noise stopped, however from what you saying I had better get mine booked in.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards,

UK-Kev

Hi all,

booked in Monday for new brake shims, will let you all know how I get on.

rgs,

UK_Kev

like everyone else iv had this problem when braking, but after awhile it just when away, but now i have anew problem, then brakes squeak when i turn! the squeaking of the brakes ever seem to end.

I had this problem when I first got the car, it was embarrassing to park in crowded streets because of it...

But then it went away after a few thousand kilometers, nothing replaced, nothing fixed. Quiet as a cat now.

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey, et all,

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards,

UK-Kev

Hi all,

booked in Monday for new brake shims, will let you all know how I get on.

rgs,

UK_Kev

Hi all,

New pads and shims fitted today - Done 20 miles so far no brake noise.

Hi everyone,

my brakes are fixed for now, here's hoping that it now.

Lindsey

Hey Lindsey,

Did you have new pads and shims like i had fitted on Monday? seems to have fixed my brake noise.

Happy Toyota-ing

Kev

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Lindsey

I have my Auris from November 2007 and it took to August 2008 to solve this problem.

So be patient

Rgds,

Farmer ***** :( :angry:

So what have you done since? Did they solved this problem completely? İm asking bacause toyotas solved this problem whith my car but unfortunatelly it was temporarily, so it still squizing :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links