Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recommended Maintenance For 2ct & 3ct Engines

Ian Anthony

Hi Everyone

I recently had the hard gasket go in my 2ct Townace Royal Lounge and am now braking it for parts.

I'd had it for four years and been to Spain 9 times so I'd had my monies worth.

During the dismantling process I took off the inlet manifold and suprisingly it was absolutely minging with carbon and oil deposits

this was all caused by the egr valve.

I now have a 3ct Super Extra Townace 2.2 td with 122,000km's on the clock and decided after seeing this that I would do away with the egr valve and clean out my inlet manifold

To do this I had to take off the two large air inlet pipes to and from the turbo and then remove the injection pump to get to all the inlet manifold bolts underneath, that is after i'd marked up the cambelt/timing etc..

I removed the egr valve and cut it about 4 inches from the exhaust manifold and doubled it over in the vice, on the inlet manifold side of things I put in a two pence piece to seal it.

Everything was thouroughly cleaned and put back

Ok it was quite fiddly and took some time but the results are fabulous, I've got no smoke at all from the exhaust I took it for a run, well more than a run (285km) and it returned a very respectable 36.4 mpg

Sounds and runs great, I'm very happy with the results and I would highly recommend it

I wouldn't do it to a new car but mine is 1994 and therefore it's had 14yrs of exhaust gases etc passed through the inlet manifold

Any thoughts or questions appreciated

Regards

ian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links