Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Worst Bumper I Have Seen

fuzzwaldo

Hells Teeth they are BAD!!!!!

The thing that i can't understand is these people have clearly speny huge amounts of Yen??? on these things. They must be terrible to drive nevermind look at.

People say they’re bad, awful, way out , sick looking and so etc. – And fair comment.

But … …that is precisely the reaction that they sometimes wish to generate. These cars are done in a sort of comical exaggeration of ‘speedway cars’ that were raced in the 1980’S at Japanese race tracks.

Also the ‘Bosozoku gangs’ (which originally did these vehicles) did want to portray a ‘look at me’ statement. Of course nowadays these cars are not done by ‘gang members’ but vehicle enthusiasts/classic car /custom car owners (Akin I suppose to that of ‘chopper motorcycles’ – Not everyone who owns/builds a ‘chop’ is a member of a Motorbike gang etc.).

Personally I like the cars bodykits from a fun perspective (although I openly admit I detest bodykitted Corsas and Saxos). Perhaps what I appreciate as regards these cars is the fact most of them are Classic/over 20 year old so not only have they had to build the custom side, they have had to restore the actual base car (plus there will be the maintenance and upkeep of an older car). I doubt your average ‘Max Power’ reader/ Barry Boy / Halfords accessory wally would be capable of restoring an older car / building an old style custom car (in fact they are somewhat ‘challenged’ when it comes to fitting a Halfords accessory to a new car but that is another story!).

Plus if you look carefully at these cars there has been a lot of detailing – the wheels are usually rare designs and very expensive. The ‘lowered stance’ is another area that some have done well and it takes time.

;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links