Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1997 Previa Interior Lights

tron3006

I've owned my Previa for just over a week now and since day 1 the none of the interior lights have worked. I've checked the bulbs and they work fine. Checked all the fuses and they're fine too.

Has anyone got any ideas what the problem may be?

I've owned my Previa for just over a week now and since day 1 the none of the interior lights have worked. I've checked the bulbs and they work fine. Checked all the fuses and they're fine too.

Has anyone got any ideas what the problem may be?

Do they work if you switch them on manually. If so then it is the door contacts. The light in the boot suffers from switch burn out. The switch is actually an integral part of the boot latch and if it is shot you will need to get one from a scrap yard. NOW don't bother getting another Previa one cause it too will be shot. Rather get one from a Toyota Lucida, Emina or Estima. All three of these cars are import versions of the Previa and the boot latch is a perfect match. How do I know...cause that's whats in mine :D

No they don't even work when they're switched on manually. Thought that wiring loom for the the lights may be disconnected but don't know where to look. Clock above drivers compartment works but not the lights.

No they don't even work when they're switched on manually. Thought that wiring loom for the the lights may be disconnected but don't know where to look. Clock above drivers compartment works but not the lights.

Time to take a trip to Amazon or eBay and buy a Chilton workshop manual for the Previa and use the associated wiring diagrams in conjunction with a test meter to do some circuit tracing.

I assume you have checked the fuses ??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links