Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Diesel, Just Got The Fill Nozzle Stuck.

Alcdrew

In the blue plastic thing. Filled up earlier and the nozzle got stuck I had to really yank it out witch has broken the blue plastic thing and now I can't get my filler cap back on. The car if only a couple of month old (about 2 and a half I think) and only done 2000ish miles so not been filled up that much, do you think I can get the dealer to fix this under the warranty? It can't be normal for nozzles to get stuck so must be a fault in the car. Also it has always been hard to fill up, you have to do it really slow or the pump just cuts off as if the tank is full, this also can't be normal and could be linked to the problem what do you think?

In the blue plastic thing. Filled up earlier and the nozzle got stuck I had to really yank it out witch has broken the blue plastic thing and now I can't get my filler cap back on. The car if only a couple of month old (about 2 and a half I think) and only done 2000ish miles so not been filled up that much, do you think I can get the dealer to fix this under the warranty? It can't be normal for nozzles to get stuck so must be a fault in the car. Also it has always been hard to fill up, you have to do it really slow or the pump just cuts off as if the tank is full, this also can't be normal and could be linked to the problem what do you think?

Hi.

Can't hurt to ask, they may fix it for you. About filling up... I drive a Lexus and this is the same, after a lot of trial and error I found you have to stick the filler in then point it towards the boot for it to fill, anywhere else and it just cuts off, I mentioned this and Lexus say its because of the speed the pumps dispence. Apparently much faster than in Japan... sounds like a load of rubbish to me but they may have a point....

Good Luck

Pete

Hi.

Can't hurt to ask, they may fix it for you. About filling up... I drive a Lexus and this is the same, after a lot of trial and error I found you have to stick the filler in then point it towards the boot for it to fill, anywhere else and it just cuts off, I mentioned this and Lexus say its because of the speed the pumps dispence. Apparently much faster than in Japan... sounds like a load of rubbish to me but they may have a point....

Good Luck

It is not unusual for some vehicles to be slow or cut out when filling. You have to play around a little to find the best position to fill the things! I lost count of the times owners of cars have told me you have to go real slow when filling, when I used to work in a filling station many moons ago, only for me to fill it faster then they have ever managed to.

As for the fault... If the pump was damaged and damaged your car, it is the petrol stations fault, if the filler neck failed at such a young age, it is the manufacturer's. Take it back and complain.... LOUDLY!

Pete

Thanks for the replies, took the car to the dealer today and they have replaced the filler tube. It does look different to the original in that the plastic blue thing is further down the tube than it was, so hopefully this has sorted the problem.

Thanks for the replies, took the car to the dealer today and they have replaced the filler tube. It does look different to the original in that the plastic blue thing is further down the tube than it was, so hopefully this has sorted the problem.

Lets hope so, good luck.

Hopefully, if anyone else experiences the same problem, they too can get their dealer to rectify the problem.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links