Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats Ect And O/d?

Bigasmatt

Hi, just bought my first Toyota. Its a beautiful Carina e Executive. Its an automatic (which is another new experience). There is a button on the stick shift which says O/D which, when you press it, comes up with O/D on lit up on the dash. Also there is a button on the centre console which says ECT on/off.

Any ideas what these are for? :wacko:

O/D is going to be overdrive and a google search has just pulled up

"Transmission 4 speed automatic electronic control type (sport) ECT-S " probable means sport mode.

And I've just found this as well

ect.jpg

When the ect button is depressed it's in Power mode.

Hello, I'm of Dominican Republic........... my English is very bad jejejeje

My car is Toyota Corolla Fx (AE82) with motor 4age 20v automatic.......

This it is my car...

20v_Corolla_FX_2.sized.jpg

The problem is that........ the ECT not this connected because that the person that made the electric installation of the car says that before the car with the motor 4age 16v had two Electronic Control, one for the Motor (ECU) and another for the Transmission (ECT)...

Then with the motor 4age 20v the same Electronic Control Unit control everything that is to say transmission and motor.......

If the form existed of connecting my ECT, can they say I eat up?

Some manual, diagram, graphics Etc. what is of my utility to put to work ETC.

Hey Moderators/Admin, how about posting up a permanent statement that tells people what o/d and ect is!!! :lol::lol: I cant believe people would buy auto car without knowing what overdrive is. :)

Hey Moderators/Admin, how about posting up a permanent statement that tells people what o/d and ect is!!! :lol:  :lol:  I cant believe people would buy auto car without knowing what overdrive is. :)

:censor:

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers... :rolleyes:

edit: We're all beginners in the beginning :D

Hope anyone here can solve my problem..I'm driving toyota corona with a 4age20v automatic transmission engine.(same engine as shown above). Problem is i got 3 error codes 62, 63 and 64. Had take out the solenoid and check with air spray but it was working fined. Is there anyway to check weather the 3 cable (one solenoid one cable) is working fined?

The last way i can think of is to get another ecu and test.. :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::help::help::help:

Hey Moderators/Admin, how about posting up a permanent statement that tells people what o/d and ect is!!! :lol:  :lol:   I cant believe people would buy auto car without knowing what overdrive is. :)

:censor:

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers... :rolleyes:

edit: We're all beginners in the beginning :D

????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links