Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Oem Sat Nav Rav 4.2 - Help Needed

nattyboy

I have the chance of buying a sat nav unit/loom out of an avensis to use with the standard head unit on our 2005 Rav 4.2 D4D.

The chap has asked me to check if my car uses the TNS200 system whic I wasnt sure of - how would I know this.

Also - is the OEM sat nav any good (not the full screen one - the ones that uses the standard smaller screen of the stereo.

Many Thanks again for the help

Nat

The TNS200 is the CD-Based system that the RAV uses I believe (I bought one on eBay but sold it again as I couldn;t get the loom at a reasonable price). There is also the TNS300 DVD based unit

If you have a picture of the loom he is offering, you could compare it with this pic:

This is most likely the rear of your radio

DSC00806.jpg

I *think* the sat nav goes in the top left connection (as shown in the pic)

Cheers hoovie - whats the diff between the 200 and 300 I wonder ?

The only thing missing from this one is the aerial - but I bet they arent cheap !!

basing this on what I read when I was looking over a year ago ....

TNS200 - CD Based - 1 country per CD

TNS300 - DVD Based - Multicountry per DVD

GPS Antenna? very pricey from Mr T, lots cheaper elsewhere. Here is one on eBay. The connection is very standard and unbranded ones are available for about a tenner now (not saying they will work, but don't see why not, to be honest)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.... adding a TNS200 is certainly a cheap route to Satnav... TNS units are on eBay for £20ish... and the loom can be made up easily.. did that on my wifes xt3...

You can get the connectors from a breakers or even just solder directly to the TNS unit and just get connectrs for the headunit.. its a cheap gamble...

Nice touch to have for not much money.

D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links