Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Changer Cable

fylor

Hi there

Think I have dropped a clanger. Bought my wife 2004 3dr 4x2. She loves it. Has double din radio cd with ext temp etc. So far so good. Bought a cd changer for the head unit BUUUUT did not get cable to connect it to head unit. Toyota dealer now tells me cable does not have a part number as it only comes with cd changer. Is there anywhere I can get this cabel?

Any help much appreciated. :help:

Hoovie - where are you? Fancy a trip to Spain to help out? :)

I fitted an amp and massive woofer to a BMW 3 series last Sunday - awesome! Suggested to the young chap that he keeps the volume down a touch in case the beat blew out the back window! Bad news is he won't get his golf bag in now!

Hoovie - where are you? Fancy a trip to Spain to help out? :)

I fitted an amp and massive woofer to a BMW 3 series last Sunday - awesome! Suggested to the young chap that he keeps the volume down a touch in case the beat blew out the back window! Bad news is he won't get his golf bag in now!

Beemer without room for golf clubs :eek: - illegal!!!

Back to CD Cable ... no idea what the part number is myself. maybe a PM to Kingo (Parts-King) may give you the info and price?

Hi there

Think I have dropped a clanger. Bought my wife 2004 3dr 4x2. She loves it. Has double din radio cd with ext temp etc. So far so good. Bought a cd changer for the head unit BUUUUT did not get cable to connect it to head unit. Toyota dealer now tells me cable does not have a part number as it only comes with cd changer. Is there anywhere I can get this cabel?

Any help much appreciated. :help:

Have a look at page 6 here;

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/legacy/To...A3LA2-W-3-F.pdf

Look under the seats to see if there is a heater duct to the rear footwell then order the loom (08695-00803) from a Toyota dealer accordingly.

Normally our parts man (Parts-King) doesn't post overseas but he may for that kind of thing.

Good luck

Thanks for input. Problem is I think the part 08695-00803 is the fitting kit for under the seat. On page 16 of the same pdf it refers simply says 'route the changer wire' which seems to come with changer.

Tried to find Kingo or parts king in member list to PM him. what is his full handle?

Here's his BIO .... Parts-King :D

I would be amazed if you cannot get this without a changer! what if the cable goes wrong under warranty? Toyota gives dealer complete kit :g:

Thanks for input. Problem is I think the part 08695-00803 is the fitting kit for under the seat. On page 16 of the same pdf it refers simply says 'route the changer wire' which seems to come with changer.

It is for the CD changer under the seat and that is where the changer normally goes. If yours is somewhere different to normal you need to say so when posting.

Cheers

It is for the CD changer under the seat and that is where the changer normally goes. If yours is somewhere different to normal you need to say so when posting.

Cheers

Yep normal place for this is under the passenger seat where mine resides. The only other place is in the boot where sometime the DVD reader resides for the Sat Nav system.

anchorman, what I said was that the reference number in the pdf is for the mounting kit, NOT the cable which connects the changer to the head unit. I have contacted parts-king and he confirms the cable is only available with a new changer! He was good enough to put me in touch with a service outfit but they cannot help either.

So unless some of you guys might have a cable laying around it seems I am pretty stuffed. :(

Any other suggestions very appreciated.

Make your own cable?

If it is the Toyota changer, the part number for the connector Shell (5+7 type) that goes into the radio is:

90980-10803

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/239596...77074/note.aspx

.....and if I remember correctly from when I messed around with that interface on the 4.2, it's the same connector into the CD changer. It's a straight pin to pin wiring arrangement.

It would seem that in some parts of the world, you can source connectors from the dealer. You'll need the crimps as well, which might come as pigtails, which is a pain, but you can still wire up to them.

Strictly speaking six of the wires need to be three twisted pairs (I can advise which), but that is easy enough to do with a vice and a hand drill.

Anyway, just a thought.

Cheers

Many thanks shcm. This was a possibility that I had considered. The cable does seem to be a 'T' connection at the head unit cos two wires are used (I think) for steering wheel controls.

My next move is to trawl local scrap dealers in hope of rav or other toyota with cd changer to scavenge a cable (with correct plugs) but if that fails then make my own seems to be the way to go in which case you will be getting a PM. Be warned!

anchorman, what I said was that the reference number in the pdf is for the mounting kit, NOT the cable which connects the changer to the head unit. I have contacted parts-king and he confirms the cable is only available with a new changer! He was good enough to put me in touch with a service outfit but they cannot help either.

So unless some of you guys might have a cable laying around it seems I am pretty stuffed. :(

Any other suggestions very appreciated.

Sincere apologies.

When I read it now it seems like I got out of the wrong side when in fact i didn't mean it like that.

Glad to see my young Protégé is more constructive.

Regards

PS. I don't like to let him know he can run rings around me when it comes to electronics. I just keep saying "thats how I would have done it"!

Many thanks shcm. This was a possibility that I had considered. The cable does seem to be a 'T' connection at the head unit cos two wires are used (I think) for steering wheel controls.

My next move is to trawl local scrap dealers in hope of rav or other toyota with cd changer to scavenge a cable (with correct plugs) but if that fails then make my own seems to be the way to go in which case you will be getting a PM. Be warned!

These units come up on eBay fairly often and sometimes with cables, so you could keep an eye open there and if you end up with a 2nd CD-Changer, sell it back on eBay or keep as a spare?

I think the Scrappers maybe the best option though - Far as RAVs go, look for cars with a "VX" or "XT5" Badge - maybe "XT4" as well? other Toyotas - dunno :huh:

Thanks guys. Really appreciate all the input. Its off to the scrappers next chance I get and I will let you know!

fylor - if you do find any RAVs there, could you see if they will give you/sell you any of the switch blanks? :) Been looking for some and Toyota want £3 a pop :eek:

• 4 weeks later...
Make your own cable?

If it is the Toyota changer, the part number for the connector shell (5+7 type) that goes into the radio is:

90980-10803

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/239596...77074/note.aspx

.....and if I remember correctly from when I messed around with that interface on the 4.2, it's the same connector into the CD changer. It's a straight pin to pin wiring arrangement.

It would seem that in some parts of the world, you can source connectors from the dealer. You'll need the crimps as well, which might come as pigtails, which is a pain, but you can still wire up to them.

Strictly speaking six of the wires need to be three twisted pairs (I can advise which), but that is easy enough to do with a vice and a hand drill.

Anyway, just a thought.

Cheers

PM'd you cos no joy after trawling scrappers. :(

Just a thanks to all on board here. Tackled problem by making my own lead and using small female spade connectors. Got all info I needed by searching threads and connected all up and ..................... it all works :yahoo: even the steering wheel controls.

Again many thanks to all. (especially shcm and hoovie)

Again many thanks to all. (especially shcm and hoovie)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links