Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

02 Corolla T3 Hu Upgrade?

Hydrocilator!!

Hi,

My GF drives the Corolla, we both love it. Only problem being that the standard HU doesn't play MP3 CDR-RW's.

You can't just stick in any HU off the shelf cos its built into the dash. I'm wondering does the newer years HU play MP3's and fit into the same dashboard setup?

If so a breaker yard would surely have one.

Cheers,

Joe

;)

No, sadly not - the facelift stereo is cd/radio only as well.

You can buy aftermarket adaptors to make either that gaping hole that your old stereo would leave in to a pocket and single DIN hole for a stereo (slim 'standard-style' stereos), or make it fit a double DIN hole (similar size to what you are used to in the 'rolla). Then you buy a stereo to fit in to it!

I think you should have a look around the internet, see if you can find something new that you like the look / functions of, then come back to us, and we'll help you work out how's best to get it fitted!

• 3 months later...

You can buy aftermarket adaptors to make either that gaping hole that your old stereo would leave in to a pocket and single DIN hole for a stereo (slim 'standard-style' stereos), or make it fit a double DIN hole (similar size to what you are used to in the 'rolla). Then you buy a stereo to fit in to it!

I think you should have a look around the internet, see if you can find something new that you like the look / functions of, then come back to us, and we'll help you work out how's best to get it fitted!

Perhaps you can help me out on this similar subject. I own a corolla 02 which has an inbuilt factory fitted casette player. Came across same inbuilt 06 factory cd player. Will this fit my corolla, is it just plug and play with no need to change any connections?

Cheers

David

Perhaps you can help me out on this similar subject. I own a corolla 02 which has an inbuilt factory fitted casette player. Came across same inbuilt 06 factory cd player. Will this fit my corolla, is it just plug and play with no need to change any connections?

Cheers

David

I believe it should fit.

However, if you have an original CD-changer, you will need to get a converter for the plug.

Also if you have steering wheel controls, they won't work on the new player.

Otherwise it should be plug and play.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

My GF drives the Corolla, we both love it. Only problem being that the standard HU doesn't play MP3 CDR-RW's.

You can't just stick in any HU off the shelf cos its built into the dash. I'm wondering does the newer years HU play MP3's and fit into the same dashboard setup?

If so a breaker yard would surely have one.

Cheers,

Joe

;)

The Toyota radio/cd players are probably the hardest units to introduce AUX input for MP3 playback.Even the interface units on sale don't allways work.However,if you have a radio/cassette player,then it's easy.You can either buy a simple

mp3/cassette adaptor,which you insert into the player,the same way as you would an ordinary cassette.it has a 3.5 jack

to plug into your mp3 player,they cost about£7,from Maplins.Alternatively you can make your own,all you need is a cable

with a 3.5 mm jack & an empty cassette(just rip all the tape out of it)Splice the wires into the 3 pick up wires & that's it.

the empty casstte acts as a switch to turn off the tuner and play whatever's coming from the pick up wires.I posted the instructions a few months ago,on the AUX Section of the Forum,under POOR MAN'S MP3 PLAYER. Good luck Terry

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links