Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina Gti Help

T 4HMD

Hi i've recently bought a Carina GTI and am thinking of doing it up but before i can do that i've got a problem which i cant figure out. The car is pulling to the right and when i have it on full lock it makes a clunking noise as i move forward. I've heard from a few people the suspension or the arms have a fault on them somewhere but i'm thinking could it be one of the shockers is bent? i havent hit it or anything its been like this since i bought it. There is water leaking into the doors from the little plastic strips that are meant to stop the water getting in on the doors (excess waste moulds or something) and its soaking up my door panels. I'm worried it might short circuit or mess up the regulators there so any good suggestions for that? I also need help on what would be the best modifications to put on without spending too much. I've just put a Sports Catalyst on as there was a problem with the pipe (Btw i've got the old Cat if anyone can make me a good offer on it) and its got a longlife back box on it. My next step is to put a induction kit and i'm thinking of putting on aftermarket spark leads so if someone could advise me on which brand and type of item would be best and any other mod that would be good. Finally does anyone know whether avensis seats would fit on one of these? Thank you all for the help.

• 1 month later...

Hi i've recently bought a Carina GTI and am thinking of doing it up but before i can do that i've got a problem which i cant figure out. The car is pulling to the right and when i have it on full lock it makes a clunking noise as i move forward. I've heard from a few people the suspension or the arms have a fault on them somewhere but i'm thinking could it be one of the shockers is bent? i havent hit it or anything its been like this since i bought it. There is water leaking into the doors from the little plastic strips that are meant to stop the water getting in on the doors (excess waste moulds or something) and its soaking up my door panels. I'm worried it might short circuit or mess up the regulators there so any good suggestions for that? I also need help on what would be the best modifications to put on without spending too much. I've just put a Sports Catalyst on as there was a problem with the pipe (Btw i've got the old Cat if anyone can make me a good offer on it) and its got a longlife back box on it. My next step is to put a induction kit and i'm thinking of putting on aftermarket spark leads so if someone could advise me on which brand and type of item would be best and any other mod that would be good. Finally does anyone know whether avensis seats would fit on one of these? Thank you all for the help.

hi ya sorry i carnt help you with the problem you have but might be interested in the cat mine has blown and need new one for mot how much were you thinking for in all the best

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links