Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Another Compressor

tccom

hi all,thinking about getting another compressor as the price of petrol has come down,currently have a corsa vxr but do miss the compressor how much are they going for at the moment want a 56 plate cheers nick.

hi all,thinking about getting another compressor as the price of petrol has come down,currently have a corsa vxr but do miss the compressor how much are they going for at the moment want a 56 plate cheers nick.

Hi Nick

I bought a compressor a month or so ago. Its on an 06 plate and i paid just over £10K for it from a Toyota dealership. Full service history with only 15K on the clock. Happy hunting. There are a few on autotrader.co.uk and one or two on eBay.

Chris

Hi Nick

I bought a compressor a month or so ago. Its on an 06 plate and i paid just over £10K for it from a Toyota dealership. Full service history with only 15K on the clock. Happy hunting. There are a few on autotrader.co.uk and one or two on eBay.

Chris

hi chris was thinking around 10k for low milage one,hopefully i will be looking at some next weekend.

How did you find the corsa compared to the compressor? really want to know more about those corsas, look like they will give the t-sport a hard time

i will be putting mine up for sale very shortly, i will be gutted to let it go but i just do far to many miles an i need to get i diesel

mine is on a 56 plate

Hi Nick

Chris

hi chris was thinking around 10k for low milage one,hopefully i will be looking at some next weekend.

I went to see a Compressor not to far from me before opting for the one i've got (i prefered black over silver), its still for sale. Its on a 55 Plate with only 9K on the clock. They want £9995 for it but its been there for a while. Sure they would be up for a deal. To be honest it was immaculate.

Wilsons Aberdare

Contact number: (01685) 875577

very tempting for the money. if it wasnt a half ar5ed attempt i would have 1 - but h/c pistons on a f/i car?! the dipsticks blow our - due to excessive crankcase pressure. shame they didnt put the same effort in like the gze's of old.

very tempting for the money. if it wasnt a half ar5ed attempt i would have 1 - but h/c pistons on a f/i car?! the dipsticks blow our - due to excessive crankcase pressure. shame they didnt put the same effort in like the gze's of old.

I'm a bit new to all this, are you saying that the compressors have known issues or faults? is H/C high compression and i take f/i is fuel injection? As for the dip stick blwoing out what does that entail? You have me a little worried now.

f/i = forced induction. me old man was surprised i didnt get one. they where cheap then 2 years ago - ex demo for £13K. all the comprs seem to do it, corolla chris has/did? have a comp - he was workshop manager for a toyota dealer manchester way. he put in a defect report for the dipstick problem and i far as i know nowt got done about it. the n/a 2zz's dont suffer this problem. all e12 t sports have known problem but most have been solved.

i have the dipstick bowing out problem too, but luckily for me i've got work to look in to the problem, although don't make the t sport engine at our plant still can get info all bout it, so i have asked bout the problem in work cos lindops were waitin to here off toyota technical, mine is goin in for the work tommorrow, not totally sure yet wot exactly the work is there doin but will find out an let you all know, so far i know the problem is down to the PCV system which takes the pressure from crankcase an puts it in to head to burn off, but like i say i'll keep you all updated an the work an the result.

just so everyone knows it had the so called modified dipstick holder a few months ago an has started blowing it out again.

but would reccomend everyone else to get there's checked out if you've got this problem as tightening the dipstick or replacing the holder (basically makin it as tight as possible in holder) is not fixing the problem at all, cos there is too much pressure in there an eventually it will do damage elsewhere cos that pressure needs to go somewhere

hi all, just waitin for a call back from one of the dealers about a compressor,the corsa vxr is fast but it is no compressor!as for the dip stick blowing out that never happened to my old one,only issue is its heavy on petrol around town but i can live with that now that i have moved jobs for more £ . :D

hi all, just waitin for a call back from one of the dealers about a compressor,the corsa vxr is fast but it is no compressor!as for the dip stick blowing out that never happened to my old one,only issue is its heavy on petrol around town but i can live with that now that i have moved jobs for more £ . :D

well if you get no luck with that mate get back to me, cos if you want i'm lookin at sellin mine after it comes out after this work, as i need to change to a diesel, i will be so gutted to sell this, she's my pride an joy!!! it would be up for sale right now if i wasn't such a fussy git an moanin bout a dipstick poppin out.

it's on a 56 plate, 22K on clock

just had service bout 2 weeks ago

just had 2 new Pirelli P zero nero's on the front

just had new disc an pads on front

in silver

any more info or anything give us a shout mate

i have the dipstick bowing out problem too, but luckily for me i've got work to look in to the problem, although don't make the t sport engine at our plant still can get info all bout it, so i have asked bout the problem in work cos lindops were waitin to here off toyota technical, mine is goin in for the work tommorrow, not totally sure yet wot exactly the work is there doin but will find out an let you all know, so far i know the problem is down to the PCV system which takes the pressure from crankcase an puts it in to head to burn off, but like i say i'll keep you all updated an the work an the result.

just so everyone knows it had the so called modified dipstick holder a few months ago an has started blowing it out again.

but would reccomend everyone else to get there's checked out if you've got this problem as tightening the dipstick or replacing the holder (basically makin it as tight as possible in holder) is not fixing the problem at all, cos there is too much pressure in there an eventually it will do damage elsewhere cos that pressure needs to go somewhere

the misses smart does the same - they are f/i. the breathers on them clog and fail regulary and blows the dipstick out. easy to check the breather/pcv valve - pull it out and shake it, if its rattles it aint blocked. also blow thro it both ways to make sure it only works one way. strange how the n/a 2zz doesnt do it - could try a catch tank?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links