Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Nitrous

PHILGTS

Unless you know exactly what you are doing with these kits I suggest you forget it.... they can all too easily melt your engine :(

Unless you know exactly what you are doing with these kits I suggest you forget it.... they can all too easily melt your engine :(

what's there to know?

Loads!

Mixtures, hows it hooked up, controlled, timings etc.

Plenty have destroyed their pistons + other internals incorrect nitros setups!

Get a professional to fit it, or read up on it yourself and do not go OTT then its pretty safe.

pretty much you get what you pay for, pay pennies and you'll need your engine replaced/built. pay a premium and you'll end up with a good power increase. every increase in power decreases your engine life so find out if you'd prefer to go for a quick fix or the constant power of forced induction or real heavy duty N/A tuning

pretty much you get what you pay for, pay pennies and you'll need your engine replaced/built. pay a premium and you'll end up with a good power increase. every increase in power decreases your engine life so find out if you'd prefer to go for a quick fix or the constant power of forced induction or real heavy duty N/A tuning

I was looking at superchargers recently but one of the mechanical engineers I work with suggested I use my instrumentation background and go the nitrous route.

I've found a kit that has gotten great reviews, and I'm on the verge of buying it (I'm just trying to weigh the consequences). but I don't know all the specs to consider to take full advantage this setup's potential (ie fuel/air ratio, engine temperature, oil pressure etc.)

I could really use a good nitrous resource if anyone knows of one. I don't take kindly to "no". where there's a will there's a way.

Loads!

Mixtures, hows it hooked up, controlled, timings etc.

Plenty have destroyed their pistons + other internals incorrect nitros setups!

Get a professional to fit it, or read up on it yourself and do not go OTT then its pretty safe.

could you recommend a good resource on nitrous setups? I would be very appreciative if you could.

does ANYone have a nitrous resource they'd recomend???

I'd feel so much better about my resources if someone else could vouch for them...

I would ask the guy up the road for you but he is away at present testing agin I think. He has 2 stage nitrous using twin bottles 10lb per bottle, but saying that he has spent a small fortune on his set up.Rear Diff £10k, Engine £25k plus. custom prop, small 4 barrell carb. oh and 2 gallons per 1/4 mile.

Yes it is road legal but not practical.

what kind of engine was he using? I thought the 2zz was fuel injected not carborated.

it's not like I'm going to be running bottle open everywhere I go...

if you could ask your friend up the road at any point I would greatly appreciate it. I'm putting the celica away for the next year and a half (during which I plan to do all sorts of fun things to her...) so there's no pressing need for the information. just the sooner the better obviously.

Phil,

the engine is something you could probably get quite cheap , BTW not recomended 351cui of detroits finest., but his expertise on the Nitrous could be valuable when I see him again. Car is a full spec Funny car. runs mid nines on the quartermile.

the last time i spoke to a guy who runs a severe nitrious set-up for real sub 10 seconds drag racing said that if he was to do it all again he would go forced induction, but then it depends on if your looking for a quick bit of fun or relyable power. as i said before every extra BHP shortens your engine life. if you post your sources then i'll try and take a look at them for you if i don't i'm sure someone else will

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links