Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ae86 Parts

Shinigami

Hi all,

I'm living in Japan and need an extra car. I'm thinking about getting an ~84 Corolla Levin. I think I could import it when I move back to the US since it will be 25 years old and therefore not subject to bumper and emissions standards.

I was wondering about the general availability of parts for AE68 models? Could I buy new parts or would I have to dig around at the salvage yard?

Any comments on both the importing and parts availability would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Parts supply for 80's Toyota's is very good from - the main/franchise dealer!

Yep, most parts are still available ... but some stuff is at an expensive price.

What I do recommend though is you get a parts list of some sort for your car (CD of eBay?) and this will help the spares person at which ever Toyota Parts dept you go to. Because some parts people don't realise just how much stuff Toyota have in stock for older models (and believe it or not most of it is stored in Belgium NOT Japan!).

:)

Hey, thanks for the input!

I guess my next question would be how much these things usually go for? In Japan the Levins go for around 5k. That's with good paint and "only" about 100-120 kilometers though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links