Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Arm Rest

RobertBoyle

hi all

I have an 07 Verso, before the upgrade happened to the interior. I was just wondering whether anyone has tried putting in arm rests into one of these versions or if it is even possible or as an alternative for my lazy arm, a lid on the centre console such as found in the avensis etc to rest my weary gear changing arm on?

Cheers

Robert.

I can not answer if it is possible to fit an arm rest but I have an 08 Verso with arm rests fitted and do not find them very comfortable. They are too small and in the wrong place for me. In my othe car (Octavia) the arm rest is built into the centre console so much bigger and more comfotable. hence if you can build one into the centre console I would go down that route instead of the ones mounted on the side of the seats. In fact I actualy find the arm rest mounted on the passenger seat more comfortable to use than the one on the drivers seat (although I am 6'4 with long arms!!!).

• 2 months later...
I can not answer if it is possible to fit an arm rest but I have an 08 Verso with arm rests fitted and do not find them very comfortable. They are too small and in the wrong place for me. In my othe car (Octavia) the arm rest is built into the centre console so much bigger and more comfotable. hence if you can build one into the centre console I would go down that route instead of the ones mounted on the side of the seats. In fact I actualy find the arm rest mounted on the passenger seat more comfortable to use than the one on the drivers seat (although I am 6'4 with long arms!!!).

Hi,

I also have a problem with my armrest. Wrong height and "to sharp" for my "Tennis elbow" and long arms :( . I can't rest my arm for longer than half an hour and then it's over. I wonder if there's an armrest, wicht you can fit on the original armrest fixing point and wich is wider than the original one and (very important) the upperside is about 1,5 inch lower (adjustable) than the original one. When I use the armrest, I'm sitting (hanging) to the left (just like the Golf GTI and Hond Civic drivers on the continent hanging to the right).

An aftermarket armrest is fitted on the middle console and than the position is fixed and not moving (for/backwards and height) with the chair. I'm gonne find out if I can make an "own design" armrest (needs some welding etc. and I have to ask my wife for some magic on the upholstery :rolleyes: ). I'll see what I can do as soon as the temperature in my garage is getting higher.

Agree with the above, the Toyota armrests are too short and narrow to be of much use. They are certainly not comfortable to rest on. At least with a centre arm rest you could also add to the number of storage areas in the car.

• 2 months later...
Agree with the above, the Toyota armrests are too short and narrow to be of much use. They are certainly not comfortable to rest on. At least with a centre arm rest you could also add to the number of storage areas in the car.

Agreed. They're terrible. Otherwise i think the car is great.

I'm considering getting one of these , made by Kamei. But I'm afraid the armrest is again going to be too high to be comfy, as I have pretty long arms :(

Has anyone tried this Kamei armrest?

Hello all,

as a future owner of a verso 2008 model, I can confirm my impression of the uncomfortable original arm rest. I've found adjusting the sitting position to be more upwards and seating like, compared to reclined to actually help a bit.

What came to my mind is a small improvement using some kind of sleeve from leather or non-stretching clothing that could be slipped on both driver and passenger seat arm rests and fill the gaps between those. Anybody tried this?

The kamei arm rest looks fantastic! Unfortunately for new car I would not think this is suitable, from the pictures I don't understand how this could be "Easily mounted by attaching to a seat rail, without drilling."

cheers

Michail

Hi,

I also have a problem with my armrest. Wrong height and "to sharp" for my "Tennis elbow" and long arms :( . I can't rest my arm for longer than half an hour and then it's over. I wonder if there's an armrest, wicht you can fit on the original armrest fixing point and wich is wider than the original one and (very important) the upperside is about 1,5 inch lower (adjustable) than the original one. When I use the armrest, I'm sitting (hanging) to the left (just like the Golf GTI and Hond Civic drivers on the continent hanging to the right).

An aftermarket armrest is fitted on the middle console and than the position is fixed and not moving (for/backwards and height) with the chair. I'm gonne find out if I can make an "own design" armrest (needs some welding etc. and I have to ask my wife for some magic on the upholstery :rolleyes: ). I'll see what I can do as soon as the temperature in my garage is getting higher.

En hoever ben je al nu de temperatuur beter is met je armsteun

I'm considering getting one of these , made by Kamei. But I'm afraid the armrest is again going to be too high to be comfy, as I have pretty long arms :(

Has anyone tried this Kamei armrest?

That looks good - a lot of money though if it doesn't work right - i am going to try and contact the Kamei crowd and see if I can get anymore info.

En hoever ben je al nu de temperatuur beter is met je armsteun

sorry can you post in English?

Take a look here and watch by VERSO r1

http://www.toyoshop.nl/

what am i supposed to be seeing here?

When you go further on this site and look at the VERSO there,s a armrest with a picture

When you go further on this site and look at the VERSO there,s a armrest with a picture

ah now i see it - cheaper too as the price is in euro as opposed to sterling - do they post outside of the netherlands? 'fraid my dutch isn't the best :)

ah now i see it - cheaper too as the price is in euro as opposed to sterling - do they post outside of the netherlands? 'fraid my dutch isn't the best :)

I geus they will send to GB but asked them in english :D

I got some info from www.roofbox.co.uk :

"The armrests attach to the rail the seat slides on, fittings are specific to your particular vehicle."

Going to have a look at the seat rail and see how it looks wouldn't like to see that it would interfere with the operation of the seat rail.

• 4 weeks later...
I got some info from www.roofbox.co.uk :

"The armrests attach to the rail the seat slides on, fittings are specific to your particular vehicle."

Going to have a look at the seat rail and see how it looks wouldn't like to see that it would interfere with the operation of the seat rail.

Bought this Kamei armrest on eBay for around 120 euros.

The installation is quick and easy - the car service guys round the corner mounted it in 5 minutes. No drilling needed, you just have to pull out 4 screws from the seat rail and then screw them back in again. It does not seem to interfere with the seat operation by any means.

It's adjustable in angle and length (though you have to screw-unscrew each time, you cannot just lift or pull it). There is a little storage space inside for mobile phones, coins, etc.

The build quality is decent - although any factory-installed armrest I've seen on other car models is just way more sturdy, comfortable, and solid.

As you have figured the armrest is held up by two long metal arms that make the whole thing look quite hidous in all honesty. You can definitely tell it's an add-on. I would have much preferred an armrest that fits into the side of the seat.

The main problem though is yet another one: you have to remove the side armrests. The central armrest is not wide by any means, but there's just not enough room to fit the side AND the central armrest. Once you remove the side armrests, they will leave a horrible hole on the side with a pivot that pokes out. That was too much to cope with, frankly.

I've seen other central armrests similar to the Kamei, but I suspect they are not immune from the issue of having to remove the side armrests. On top of that, most other models require drilling into the central console (where you put the CDs, behind the water bottle holders).

All in all, I would recommend this Kamei armrest only to people who do not care too much about how their car interior looks, and certainly only to those owing a Verso without side armrests.

TVkills, can you please post a picture (or more) of the Kamei armrest in your car.

TVkills, can you please post a picture (or more) of the Kamei armrest in your car.

Sorry - I returned it to the seller :rolleyes:

Ok, too bad... there doesn´t seem to be any pictures of how aftermarket armrest look when fitted in a Corolla Verso. Thanks anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links