Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carbon Fibre Wheels

Calisto

They look very nice but I would be concerned that they might shatter on any form of impact...............Interesting development though.....

I just wouldnt feel safe having wheels made from carbon fibre.....the material just does have anywhere near the same properties of alloy. I think a bad pothole could see your CF wheel coming off the car and then you being put in a tree :s

Forged alloy wheels are light enough anyway, i think this is more a case of a company wanting to be the first to do it rather than having any interest of pushing this design forward...

Yup I'd be slightly worried about the structural solidiity of it an anything more then a featherweight race car on a billiard smooth track! -

The amount of carbon fibre stuff you can get is insane.. for the M3 alone I have seen wings, bonnets boots, roofs every bit of interior trim, steering wheels, bumpers doors the lot! I blame the CSL for having an unpainted carbon roof and interior bits lol. at least all the CF in mine is hidden from sight and ther for genuine structural, weight reasons not pose factor!

Also seen carbon fibre phones, laptops, briefcases, mouse mats, pens watches and cuff-links lol Didn't Liam from the prodigy have carbon fibre covering his walls?

Forged alloy wheels are light enough anyway,

Apart from Magnesium wheels :D

As far as im concerned if these wheels have been made to modern working methods then there is no reason why they shouldnt work. If they were made by some *****ty back street China shop then id have other concerns.

Afterall the tailplane of the Airbus A380 is made from CF and that goes under some slightly more significant punishment than your average wheel :D

On that link it says it made from dry carbon which is very strong (and most supercars have carbon chassis and take alot stresses)

You can pretty much make a whole car from carbon except the engine :lol:

ps it looks cool i like it :thumbsup:

I want some but $10,000 is a bit pricey :(

LOL!!!

I was looking at the range of some of the more obscure carbon bits for my car...

Look at the last item on the list!!!

I really want one!!!

http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/products-Y2...9tcF9pZD04.html

Makes sense to me - you can shed a few pounds with a good dump.

Most of the BMW drivers up here have cut down on the weight of the cars by removing the indicator stalk :P

These are not that new folks,

i know someone who has had a set on his evo since end of last year,

they were a little pricey though :unsure:

cost back in nov 07 £5180 without tires :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links