Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Oil

Durga

Hi all,

I have toyota corolla 1.4 vvti gs 2001 patrol. I was wondering if someone could help me to find out which engine oil is required for it. I found in the manual it states SAE 5W-30 is the recommended one. I found one in the internet which is 5W 30 SEMI-SYNTHETIC 5W 30

ACEA A1/B1

Do you think I can use this?

thank you.

ANY good, branded oil, 5w 30 SEMI synthetic will be fine for your car, unless you want to spend more money on fully synthetic?

Kingo :thumbsup:

ANY good, branded oil, 5w 30 SEMI synthetic will be fine for your car, unless you want to spend more money on fully synthetic?

Thank you kingo.

I am totally novice in this field. I found one in eBay from toyota brand costs around 26 pounds(including postage) for 5 litres its semi synthetic. Do you think the price is reasonable?

thank you.

You should be able to do better on price than that

Most supermarkets and high street motor factors sell engine oil, and usually have a deal on, call at your local motorist shop and see what they have available

I've an '97 non-vvti rolla. The manual for mine says 10w30,but I use fully synthetic 5w40(would use 0w40) if I could find cheaper.

I use Halfords own fully-synthetic changed every 4500 miles/6months, but will be switching to Tesco's own next change. About £17 for 4L fully synthetic.

Apologies if you already know this:

the first number is a relative measure of viscosity(thickness) at cold. Lower number=thinner, better protection in low temp startup. The number after the 'w' is a measure of viscosity at engine running temp, again lower=thinner.

so, eg, 5w30 and 10w30 are the same at operating temp, but the 5w is thinner at startup(better protection)

0w30 might be the best call if you can get it at reasonable prices, but do some research.

check out Opie Oils for info. (Their prices may not be the best but the info is pretty good).

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/

Any decent brand 5w30/10w40 semi synthetic will be perfect for your car, Millers XSS springs to mind, i can get 5 litres for around £15 from a local motor factors and real good oil (its what im running at the minute)

I'm due a service next week and bought Genuine Toyota Motor Oil £12 for 5 litres- (Semi Synthetic) from a localish Toyota dealer...so phone around and for the sake of a few quid extra buy a genuine Toyota oil filter.

I would just stick with the semi synthetic if its what the car has been run on all its life, its what Toyota recommend..just change it often B)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links