Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Sr Ordered...spec Query

flyfs6

Hi,

We've just ordered a 5dr SR in Decuma Grey. After placing the order I have also added the protection pack and the VSC with rear disc brake option.

I have been told by the dealer that there are no VSC optioned cars in stock and would have been be ordered, with a minimum wait of 3-4 months.

Does anyone else have this option? Should i just buy one without this or wait?

Hi,

We've just ordered a 5dr SR in Decuma Grey. After placing the order I have also added the protection pack and the VSC with rear disc brake option.

I have been told by the dealer that there are no VSC optioned cars in stock and would have been be ordered, with a minimum wait of 3-4 months.

Does anyone else have this option? Should i just buy one without this or wait?

I got told that there would be a silly wait time, so ordered one without. There was a similar debate in the Aygo forum a while ago and there are some who swear by it, myself, i consider that i am more than able to control a low powered front wheel drive car in 99% of situations given my previous motoring experience, however i can certainly see the benefit of stability control, and i think had i been carrying kids on a regular basis, i probably would have waited.

Thanks...I've ordered without VSC and received registration details too. So assuming that the car will be here soon.

I think alot of dealers have pre-regged alot of these. Mine only took a few days for delivery of a '58 plate with a massive discount even though there was a forecourt full of '08 plate cars at hardly any less money.

I too wanted the "stability option", but ordered without when advised that none were on order and it was a factory order only with a 3 month wait....

For anyone else who hasn't ordered or wants to know more.....

Don't listen to the dealers about it only being of use on high powered cars - they're saying that because they don't want to lose a quick sale.

If you browse the 'net, its the next biggest safety measure after ABS and will soon be a recommended standard fit across all of Europe. As it is, all cars sold in Italy & Germany have the option as standard, because of the benefit.

You don't have to be travelling at speed in a powerful car to skid - my son managed it in my wife's old 1.0 Yaris on a wet road on a housing estate. Came around a blind bend to find the road blocked and hit the brakes a bit quick, the car skidded and hit a parked van. The system tries to control a skid to save you going out of control - and that can happen as easily at 30mph in a 1.0 Yaris than at fast speeds in powerful cars....

By far the biggest cause of deaths on the road these days for car occupants is when the car goes out of control, skids and hits something like a tree - that's a published fact - and that's exactly what this system tries to prevent.

No I'm not a safety fanatic and no I didn't order it myself in the end...

Why? Well I figured that in replacing my old 2000 Yaris with a new one, I've now got a much stronger car with 5* NCAP safety rating, I now have ABS and I have 7 extra airbags, so even though I haven't got Stability Control, I'm still far better off than I was.

Its now a mandatory global fitment and all new cars will have to have it from 2012 - so my next car will have it..... (and my Audi A3 already has which is the car we use for most of our long trips...)

More information is availabe at http://www.thatcham.org/esc/ and at http://www.euroncap.com/esc.aspx

NCAP have just announced that in future, they are only going to give a 5-star safety rating to cars fitted with this as standard..... That's how important they see it as....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links